The Student Room Group

Met Police Intelligence programme

Hi Everyone hopefully someone could help me. i have a presentation coming up with the met police for an intelligence analyst role and was wandering if anyone could give any tips and advice ?
Original post by Jamieleee96
Hi Everyone hopefully someone could help me. i have a presentation coming up with the met police for an intelligence analyst role and was wandering if anyone could give any tips and advice ?

What is the presentation about?
Original post by Trinculo
What is the presentation about?
Hi ! Not to sure.

They said they will send me the information on the day 🥹 i was seeing if anyone had applied for something similar to get a gist on what the information pack may be
Hi ! Not to sure.

They said they will send me the information on the day 🥹 i was seeing if anyone had applied for something similar to get a gist on what the information pack may be

Very difficult to say without knowing what the format or context is.

All police recruitment is now competency based, but internally (i.e. once you're in the organisation) you get told which competencies you are being assessed against - so you can plan your responses.

In general, for police jobs its a good idea to use the SOARED model for oral and written answers - but if this is a presentation rather than a forward or backward facing question - I don't know if it will work.

SOARED goes like this -
Situation - very briefly outline the situation
Objective - very briefly outline what you were trying to achieve, and if you achieved it
Action - usually the longest bit - what you actually did
Result - the outcome
lEgacy - the medium and long term lasting effects of your actions
Different - upon reflection what you might have done differently, if anything

If you are asked : "Tell us about a time you collaborated with others on a project" you break it down as above.

If it's going to be more of a generalist presentation about some random topic, then it might need more of an essay style approach - an intro, a few points, a counter point and a conclusion.

In any event - you should have received a copy of the CVF (compentencies & values framework) -just have a read of it so you have an idea of what they want.
(edited 1 month ago)
If the presentation is going to be about the role, or about police intelligence in general - the problem is that you don't really know anything about the role other than what was on the advert.
Reply 5
How did it go?
Original post by Mattboi
How did it go?

hey
im hoping it went well, I'm not to sure. I guess I have to wait till they finish with all the interviews and see
Reply 7
hey
im hoping it went well, I'm not to sure. I guess I have to wait till they finish with all the interviews and see

Hopefully, it is good news! I've got mine this week, any advice?
Original post by Mattboi
Hopefully, it is good news! I've got mine this week, any advice?

Honestly ! Be yourself, my two interviewers were really nice and relax you into it. The presentation isn’t as daunting as it sounds and the 10 minutes to present goes by really quickly !! You’ll do fine, just breathe
Hey! Did you find out if your interview has been successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending