The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Why September?
first year of lifting you gain about 6kg of muscle so about 0.5kg muscle per month.

so no
Probably because he wants to return back in the new acedemic year in a transformed body.

Original post by nrevenco
Height 5"8', male
15 years and 8 months old (Birthday 14th august)
I workout around 30 minutes a day with weights however when GCSEs are done I plan on doing 40-60 minutes a day.
Also im 60kg (132 lb ), already been working out for 3 months ish

Real gains happen when you choose a long-term sustainable lifestyle & workout schedule. You need to eat a balanced diet and not just live off protein shakes (etc). Your body will go through many phases (fast & slow) as it adjusts to your workout and schedule. If you're really serious, get a gym membership and speak to a fitness trainer, they'll be able to give you much better, more realistic & personalized advice than anyone here and will not only help you workout in the most efficient way, but can help will all kinds of other stuff too (diet, using equipment properly, etc).
These are my essential tips after 3 years of lifting and an obsession with it :smile:1) Caloric surplus - mandatory2) Balanced diet but lots of protein, don't forget carbs3) Train Legs to boost muscle synthesis... please don't neglect any muscle groups4) Control the downward phase of the contraction / no swinging the weights5) Muscle is built whilst sleeping; get good, long sleep6) Drink lots of water7) Have fun with your training so you don't get bored! Maybe get a workout partner?8) Compound movements ( bench press, squat, and deadlift are amazing, do them)!
Probably not, but gaining 6kg bodyweight whilst doing a good beginner programme is certainly feasible by September and you'd look radically different
Reply 6
Original post by Feastful
Probably because he wants to return back in the new acedemic year in a transformed body.

Real gains happen when you choose a long-term sustainable lifestyle & workout schedule. You need to eat a balanced diet and not just live off protein shakes (etc). Your body will go through many phases (fast & slow) as it adjusts to your workout and schedule. If you're really serious, get a gym membership and speak to a fitness trainer, they'll be able to give you much better, more realistic & personalized advice than anyone here and will not only help you workout in the most efficient way, but can help will all kinds of other stuff too (diet, using equipment properly, etc).

I thought protein was the main thing that mattered

Latest