The Student Room Group

Personal statement

I have applied to 2 different courses, dentistry and optometry. This means i have to write another optometry statement for my Optom uni and i was wondering if i could use bits of my dentistry PS or what the be classes as plagiarism? Its literally my own work but idk i need clarity. PLEASE HELP
FANKSSSS
Reply 1

You can only write one personal statement on UCAS per application cycle. You cannot adapt it for specific programmes or universities. You can ask your second programme if they will accept an additional PS directly.

Separately from that, recycling your own work is not plagiarism. Only using other people’s writing verbatim without proper referencing is plagiarism.

Yes I was aware that you can only write 1 personal statement but for this specific course they have asked for me to send a separate personal statement.
thanks
Original post by Always.working
Yes I was aware that you can only write 1 personal statement but for this specific course they have asked for me to send a separate personal statement.
thanks

Then you need to ask them whether they will accept a PS with content reused from your UCAS PS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending