The Student Room Group

all hope lost

I haven't done any A level revision currently trying to pull an all nighter but I just can't do it I've severely failed my first papers and now it's too late to mend my grades at all I think I'll get all U's what am I supposed to do in life can some please help me I'm about to do something not so sensible I can't take it anymore
sorry if this seems like a troll, it isn't i need genuine help i really will fail

Scroll to see replies

I'm crying a lot right now please i don't know what to do
hey

i’m in the SAME position as you, what subjects do you do?

first off, take a deep breath. A DEEEP one. First of all, I’ve realised stressing doesn’t help NOBODY and only wastes more time. Second of all, please don’t do anything irrational, trust me it can work out. Your first papers flopped? It’s okay, you’ve got 2 and 3. Your first paper is only like what, 33% of your grade no? That means you’re capable of getting over 50%, which can be an A in some subjects.

Let’s work it out together, you’re not alone. Trust me, it’s not the end of the world eventho it feels like it. 3 weeks, and we’re done, don’t make rash actions over something that’s temporary. You’re in a place of sadness, stress and so much negativity and it’s normal to feel this way. But know that your mind isn’t thinking straight or rationally when you’re in this mood.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm crying a lot right now please i don't know what to do

cry your heart out, then wipe your tears. Take a biiiiig breath, and block out ALL your thoughts. Lmk when your exams are and what subjects you do. I do bio, chem and psychology
I'm in the same boat as you

can we stick together till the end of our exams on this thread?
hey

i’m in the SAME position as you, what subjects do you do?

first off, take a deep breath. A DEEEP one. First of all, I’ve realised stressing doesn’t help NOBODY and only wastes more time. Second of all, please don’t do anything irrational, trust me it can work out. Your first papers flopped? It’s okay, you’ve got 2 and 3. Your first paper is only like what, 33% of your grade no? That means you’re capable of getting over 50%, which can be an A in some subjects.

Let’s work it out together, you’re not alone. Trust me, it’s not the end of the world eventho it feels like it. 3 weeks, and we’re done, don’t make rash actions over something that’s temporary. You’re in a place of sadness, stress and so much negativity and it’s normal to feel this way. But know that your mind isn’t thinking straight or rationally when you’re in this mood.

I'm in the same boat as you

can we stick together till the end of our exams on this thread?

thank you for replying like so so much.
I just cannot stop crying I feel like I'm overreacting and none of my behaviours are justifiable but I think I'm having a panic attack I can't do this.

Yes please please stick together.

I do sociology (exam tmrw), psychology (absolute hell of a subject which I have also left till last minute so will probably be in the same place tomorrow) and religious studies (also hell).
I just cannot stop crying I feel like I'm overreacting and none of my behaviours are justifiable but I think I'm having a panic attack I can't do this.

I do sociology (exam tmrw), psychology (absolute hell of a subject which I have also left till last minute so will probably be in the same place tomorrow) and religious studies (also hell).

I'll be on this thread most days then :smile:
I have sociology tomorrow too and I hate this paper, and I have English literature too so I feel like I’m having a melt down! We have got this, say a little prayer and just encourage yourself to get through. I’ve barely done any revision and I’m trying to get it all in now for English lit. Let’s just do this and get it over with or…hope that tomorrow something happens and the exam doesn’t happen 🙈Nah but all jokes aside, God’s with you, you’ve got this!

it’s okay, try and distract yourself, i’ve heard naming 5 things from each of your senses (i.e what you see, hear, smell etc) helps? Or pretending the anxiety is like a square that’s getting smaller?? (sorry i’ve never helped anyone with a panic attack in person let alone virtually lol)

listen, sociology my friends were literally cramming today so you’re not alone lol. Psychology, babes i haven’t even started paper 2 content👀 Let’s focus on sociology for now

Try and make mindmaps using all your knowledge for now? Sociology is an afternoon exam right? So perhaps you can sleep in a bit late and go to school late if that’s allowed. Make sure you get some sort of sleep in after you’ve done the content to let it all sink in, and then refresh the content after you’ve woken up. Read examiner reports, they are SO helpful I’ve heard, so read them on the way to school or something

Psychology, we can deal with tomorrow. After your exam, take a fat nap since I assume you’d be tired. Listen, you can literally sum up each Approaches AO1 into one paragraph, and the AO3 is so generic. Biopsychology doesn’t have much AO3, so it’s mostly AO1 that you can memorize. I’d suggest making a start on research methods, since I think it’s 50% of the paper alone so try doing practice questions on that. I found that descriptive stats, measure of dispersion and questionnaires come up a lot and are quite repetitive. I literally read on this thread (i think it’s on trending, it’s called anon revises in 2 weeks and towards the end) about someone who resat psychology in october and went from an E to an A in ONE days worth of revision (if i red that write my eyes went blurry). If they can do it, why can’t we?

Idk about RE lmao like literally no advice since i’ve never done it, but again since it’s content heavy i assume, mindmap it? break it dooooown

good luck OP, i’ll be checking up on you here when i can!! Remember to sleep and stay hydrated
I'll be on this thread most days then :smile:

I have sociology tomorrow too and I hate this paper, and I have English literature too so I feel like I’m having a melt down! We have got this, say a little prayer and just encourage yourself to get through. I’ve barely done any revision and I’m trying to get it all in now for English lit. Let’s just do this and get it over with or…hope that tomorrow something happens and the exam doesn’t happen 🙈Nah but all jokes aside, God’s with you, you’ve got this!

thank you so much
thanks so so much for the reply. I'm so sad I've just done something I'll probably regret but let me wipe my tears and carry onnn because you've really motivated me haha.

I should've noted that I do eduqas psychology which is like a whole different thing, it's just pure memorisation which I'm extremely horrible at (just adding to my stress) but yeah I'll focus on that later!

Again, thanks so much for the response : )
it’s okay, try and distract yourself, i’ve heard naming 5 things from each of your senses (i.e what you see, hear, smell etc) helps? Or pretending the anxiety is like a square that’s getting smaller?? (sorry i’ve never helped anyone with a panic attack in person let alone virtually lol)

listen, sociology my friends were literally cramming today so you’re not alone lol. Psychology, babes i haven’t even started paper 2 content👀 Let’s focus on sociology for now

Try and make mindmaps using all your knowledge for now? Sociology is an afternoon exam right? So perhaps you can sleep in a bit late and go to school late if that’s allowed. Make sure you get some sort of sleep in after you’ve done the content to let it all sink in, and then refresh the content after you’ve woken up. Read examiner reports, they are SO helpful I’ve heard, so read them on the way to school or something

Psychology, we can deal with tomorrow. After your exam, take a fat nap since I assume you’d be tired. Listen, you can literally sum up each Approaches AO1 into one paragraph, and the AO3 is so generic. Biopsychology doesn’t have much AO3, so it’s mostly AO1 that you can memorize. I’d suggest making a start on research methods, since I think it’s 50% of the paper alone so try doing practice questions on that. I found that descriptive stats, measure of dispersion and questionnaires come up a lot and are quite repetitive. I literally read on this thread (i think it’s on trending, it’s called anon revises in 2 weeks and towards the end) about someone who resat psychology in october and went from an E to an A in ONE days worth of revision (if i red that write my eyes went blurry). If they can do it, why can’t we?

Idk about RE lmao like literally no advice since i’ve never done it, but again since it’s content heavy i assume, mindmap it? break it dooooown

good luck OP, i’ll be checking up on you here when i can!! Remember to sleep and stay hydrated

thanks so so much for the reply. I'm so sad I've just done something I'll probably regret but let me wipe my tears and carry onnn because you've really motivated me haha.

I should've noted that I do eduqas psychology which is like a whole different thing, it's just pure memorisation which I'm extremely horrible at (just adding to my stress) but yeah I'll focus on that later!

oh woah dk why it posted twice oops
Hello friend, first of all take a deep breath. Second of all DONT YOU DARE DO ANYTHING STUPID. This is coming from somebody who did do something stupid. Don’t let these stupid exams make you make rash decisions. Thirdly I’m in the exact same position as you, the only thing keeping me going is that this is almost over- if I fail, I fail, I can always try again or do something different- so can you! Don’t compare yourself to other people ever. Yours, and my life are a marathon not a race- just because these exams don’t work out doesn’t mean our lives will fall apart. So my friend just draft up a quick plan- don’t try to cover an astronomical amount of content in a short space of time. Youre needed in this world, not your grades ❤️
Original post by dimpleofnamjoon
Hello friend, first of all take a deep breath. Second of all DONT YOU DARE DO ANYTHING STUPID. This is coming from somebody who did do something stupid. Don’t let these stupid exams make you make rash decisions. Thirdly I’m in the exact same position as you, the only thing keeping me going is that this is almost over- if I fail, I fail, I can always try again or do something different- so can you! Don’t compare yourself to other people ever. Yours, and my life are a marathon not a race- just because these exams don’t work out doesn’t mean our lives will fall apart. So my friend just draft up a quick plan- don’t try to cover an astronomical amount of content in a short space of time. Youre needed in this world, not your grades ❤️

thank you so much. One reason why I'm this stressed is becuase u literally have zero clue as to what I would do if I were to fail these exams - fail as in three U grades because at this point I'm just too anxious to be able to function properly. I'm trying my hardest right now but nothing's going in. I think I fail at literally anything in life.
Thank you again so much for the reply.
thank you so much. One reason why I'm this stressed is becuase u literally have zero clue as to what I would do if I were to fail these exams - fail as in three U grades because at this point I'm just too anxious to be able to function properly. I'm trying my hardest right now but nothing's going in. I think I fail at literally anything in life.

I would say resit but I know that’s not possible for some people including me. But seriously even if we fail our a-levels as in UUU grades we can do access courses to get into uni or just start working. You don’t fail in everything in life- you’re still here which shows you’re not a failure. We’re in this together. I have an exam tmr that I still haven’t started revising for (psych) and then two on the same day right after. There’s no way I can cram for them so I’ve accepted my fate and I’ll try not to be hard on myself and neither should you. As of now, watch a movie or something on YouTube, eat some ice cream maybe? And then prioritise- forget about your paper ones- we need to smash paper 2s and 3s to pass. Goodluck my friend, if you need someone to talk to, my TikTok is alevels.desperate feel free :smile:
I haven't done any A level revision currently trying to pull an all nighter but I just can't do it I've severely failed my first papers and now it's too late to mend my grades at all I think I'll get all U's what am I supposed to do in life can some please help me I'm about to do something not so sensible I can't take it anymore
sorry if this seems like a troll, it isn't i need genuine help i really will fail

Chill out, it's just an exams and there's way more to life than them. They are overrated. If you get U grades or whatever move on, it's not the end of the world
I do Law, Psychology and English Literature.

It's important we band together in this thread and share revision strategies and ease anxiety etc.

anon 2 do you use seneca for psychology?

if so do you find it effective?

Who cares if you fail? Just try your best in the exam and move on lol
I do Law, Psychology and English Literature.

It's important we band together in this thread and share revision strategies and ease anxiety etc.

Hello what exam board are you for psych, if it’s aqa do you feel prepared for p2?

Quick Reply

Latest