The Student Room Group

Still undecided on my uni choices, any advice?

I have 5 offers to study International Relations but I am questioning which university I should firm. I was hoping to apply with AAA but I got messed up by my teachers at the last minute and ended up with ABB. I was originally going to firm Southampton but after looking at the modules and seeing the course with 57% student satisfaction I'm wondering whether I should firm it still. I'm happy with the location of most of them but what's on my mind is if I'm happy with the uni ranking and whether I'll get the grades for them. My offers are:

SOAS- AAB

Southampton- ABB

QMUL- BBB (Reduced from ABB)

Sussex- ABB

Essex- BBB, CCC if firmed

I'm confident I won't be insuring Essex as I was originally thinking to because I don't think I would want to be in Essex and only applied there as I felt it was a good insurance choice. I'm relatively confident I should make QMUL my insurance now. If I don't firm Southampton I think SOAS would be the better uni to firm over Sussex but I'm unsure if I will get AAB after what I've been going through the last few months which is definitely going to show itself in my results.
SOAS!! They r one of the best for international relations in the U.K. especially if you want to go into African or oriental studies constituting international relations
Think carefully and honestly about the grades you think you will achieve.
Look at the courses in detail - which course will hold you interest the most for three years.
Are there are any extras like study abroad, work placements etc - these are a major plus as the add hugely to your graduate CV.
Think about the reality of living in each place for 3 years - and how expensive will it be to live there.
Look at the Campus Tours for each Uni on YouTube.
Original post by HanShotFirst01
I have 5 offers to study International Relations but I am questioning which university I should firm. I was hoping to apply with AAA but I got messed up by my teachers at the last minute and ended up with ABB. I was originally going to firm Southampton but after looking at the modules and seeing the course with 57% student satisfaction I'm wondering whether I should firm it still. I'm happy with the location of most of them but what's on my mind is if I'm happy with the uni ranking and whether I'll get the grades for them. My offers are:

SOAS- AAB

Southampton- ABB

QMUL- BBB (Reduced from ABB)

Sussex- ABB

Essex- BBB, CCC if firmed

I'm confident I won't be insuring Essex as I was originally thinking to because I don't think I would want to be in Essex and only applied there as I felt it was a good insurance choice. I'm relatively confident I should make QMUL my insurance now. If I don't firm Southampton I think SOAS would be the better uni to firm over Sussex but I'm unsure if I will get AAB after what I've been going through the last few months which is definitely going to show itself in my results.

I think the big issue is whether you prefer to live in London or out of town campus universities. Consider the cost of studying in London and how you would settle there. If you prefer London go for SOAS and Queen Mary. If you prefer an out of town campus university firm Southampton and insure Sussex, tt certainly seems from your comments you prefer Southampton and that is where you should firm if that is the case. I wouldnt read too much into student satisfaction rates as they vary year on year and ae influenced by students unhappy they didnt get the grade they wanted. Current satisfaction rates are being affected due to covid restrictions and inability to attend lectures as campuses werre closed. This is unlikely to happen this year,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending