The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Reserve list for UCL Undergraduate Scholarship

I was accepted into UCL for physical natural sciences as an undergraduate. In April, I applied for the UCL global undergraduate scholarship (with very low expectations). Its a scholarship for overseas applicants from low income backgrounds. Surprisingly, I received an email from the funding office a week back, saying that I have been shortlisted for the application. On their website, UCL stated, “successful applicants will be notified by May 31st”. This made me assume that I was one of the ten students who won an award and that they only needed paperwork to approve my family’s income. Just when i got my hopes up, I received an email saying that I was put in the reserve list for the scholarship. Now what??? What are my chances of winning an award? They said that they would contact me ASAP if an opportunity opened up.
Original post by hadi.k
I was accepted into UCL for physical natural sciences as an undergraduate. In April, I applied for the UCL global undergraduate scholarship (with very low expectations). Its a scholarship for overseas applicants from low income backgrounds. Surprisingly, I received an email from the funding office a week back, saying that I have been shortlisted for the application. On their website, UCL stated, “successful applicants will be notified by May 31st”. This made me assume that I was one of the ten students who won an award and that they only needed paperwork to approve my family’s income. Just when i got my hopes up, I received an email saying that I was put in the reserve list for the scholarship. Now what??? What are my chances of winning an award? They said that they would contact me ASAP if an opportunity opened up.

The honest answer is that no one knows.

I would guess that the chances are low, as those that received scholarships are likely to take up those places if at all possible.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by hadi.k

heyy, I'm applying for the scholarship this year. Do you mind telling me your financial situation (household income, family savings, etc.)? And your A-Level predicted grades? I just want to know what are my chances of gettjng the scholarship. Many thanks!
Reply 3
I can’t go into details about my financial situation but I can tell you that your A-level grades or any other grades are worthless while applying for this scholarship. As long as you get an offer, you’re fine. Also, they will ask you to send them bank statements and tax returns if you are shortlisted so be prepared for that. I was also told that they do not consider your UCAS form all together so your personal statement or your reference letter also does not matter to them. All that matters is your scholarship form.
Reply 4
Original post by hadi.k
I can’t go into details about my financial situation but I can tell you that your A-level grades or any other grades are worthless while applying for this scholarship. As long as you get an offer, you’re fine. Also, they will ask you to send them bank statements and tax returns if you are shortlisted so be prepared for that. I was also told that they do not consider your UCAS form all together so your personal statement or your reference letter also does not matter to them. All that matters is your scholarship form.

Hi. Can you please tell me if they require tax returns? The scholarship website says either one of bank statement or tax return is needed. And do you know what proof does UCL ask for, to verify details of assets.
Reply 5
They ask for your family’s tax returns as well as the bank statement. Its not really that big a deal as long as your docs show the same income that you mentioned in the form as well. This is all the proof they need.
Reply 6
Hi, I am in the exact same position now. I have been accepted for physical natural sciences. I have been kept in the reserve 1 position. I have other 50% scholarship offers from other universities but I really want to go to UCL. What are my chances? What do you think? Also, how many students accepted the scholarship award last year? Please help me
Original post by hadi.k

Hi I am on the reserve list for the scholarship this year can you tell me what was your number last year so I can get an idea of how high my chances are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending