The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL RES/GRS/ORS Scholarship 2023

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there's anyone who has been rewarded the RES/GRS/OCS UCL Scholarship? If yes, then what were your credentials? I am just looking to check my chances.

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I just know I have been nominated by the department. If I successfully get the award I will tell you my credentials.

------------------Update----------------
Hi there, apologize for the late update. I was awarded the RES scholarship 2023 successfully, and now I am a Phd student in Department of medical physics and biomedical engineering. I obtained my master's degree in China, and published 7 journal papers in total, where four of them I was first author.
Hope all you guys lucky!
(edited 2 months ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I guess this year they've merged the GRS and ORS into the RES. I was a little late in submitting my PhD application to my home department so I was ineligible for the RES. Good luck to both of you!
Original post by anthro_int5
I guess this year they've merged the GRS and ORS into the RES. I was a little late in submitting my PhD application to my home department so I was ineligible for the RES. Good luck to both of you!

Hi! I guess so. Are you a UK student? Can I ask you a question? How much chance do you think an international student make it to get the RES scholarship when I was nominated by the Department?
Original post by MichaelWang
Hi! I guess so. Are you a UK student? Can I ask you a question? How much chance do you think an international student make it to get the RES scholarship when I was nominated by the Department?

Hi, Michael. I'm also an international student although I did complete a master's from the UK a couple of years ago. Firstly, congratulations on being nominated by your department. Departments usually send the top-ranked candidates to the UCL Selection Panel. The Panel will then select 40 students from across all departments, prospective as well as current students, and home as well as international students. As you can the see, the competition is tough. But since the department has nominated you, you do stand a fair chance. Keeping my fingers crossed for your success! Wish you the very best (I think results are expected in early March!)
Hi, Michael. I'm also an international student although I did complete a master's from the UK a couple of years ago. Firstly, congratulations on being nominated by your department. Departments usually send the top-ranked candidates to the UCL Selection Panel. The Panel will then select 40 students from across all departments, prospective as well as current students, and home as well as international students. As you can the see, the competition is tough. But since the department has nominated you, you do stand a fair chance. Keeping my fingers crossed for your success! Wish you the very best (I think results are expected in early March!)

Thank you for your wishes and your answers. Also best luck to you!
Reply 6
Hi! I just know I have been nominated by the department. If I successfully get the award I will tell you my credentials.

I didn't get in :frown: They said my application was really good but not good enough. Best of luck to you! :smile:
Original post by Fauziia
I didn't get in :frown: They said my application was really good but not good enough. Best of luck to you! :smile:

Sorry to hear that, I hope you have other funding options though. What is your degree programme?
Original post by Fauziia

I haven't heard about news. Nevertheless, wish you good luck in your search for an exciting PhD position and all the best for your future career!
Hi! Anyone heard from the scholarship?
Hey guys, I received the RES offer!

That's amazing news, congratulations!!! Was the notification from your department or UCL funding? I take it you received it earlier today?

Heartiest congratulations, this is such a wonderful news!!!!
Original post by hellodolly
That's amazing news, congratulations!!! Was the notification from your department or UCL funding? I take it you received it earlier today?

Hi!Thanks! I received the notification from UCL Student Funding Office at around 12 noon on the 6th.
Heartiest congratulations, this is such a wonderful news!!!!

Thanks! Hope everything goes well with you!
Thanks! Hope everything goes well with you!

Thank you for your wishes, Michael. I hope to hear from the funding agencies by mid-April or so. Missed being considered for the RES as I submitted my application late but I'm very happy for you!!
I was notified for nomination by my department back in Feb, and havent heard from UCL, I would suppose my chances are low now. I think I have seen several people posted their letter on social media though. Good luck everyone!
Hello! I received an email on Monday saying I'm on the reserve list.. though my number is quite far off so I think chances for me are very slim. Perhaps you can email the staff to enquire your status to get a confirmation?
Congrats! This is such a fantastic news since it's so competitive! I was informed I am placed on reserve list, and my number is quite far off. Just wondering if you are still waiting for other offers, and will you be accepting this offer?

Hi!Thanks! I received the notification from UCL Student Funding Office at around 12 noon on the 6th.
Original post by wildseas
Congrats! This is such a fantastic news since it's so competitive! I was informed I am placed on reserve list, and my number is quite far off. Just wondering if you are still waiting for other offers, and will you be accepting this offer?

Thanks, the programme in UCL is my best choice and RES is very valuable, so I decide to accept it... But I think you still have chance. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending