The Student Room Group

Amex gold card

I want to get the sign on bonus when I apply for the Amex gold card. However my credit score is like 877 and the likely hood of being accepted with that is low, however I could apply and possibly be accepted.
The reason why I’m asking is the 20k sign on bonus deal ends July 2022, does Amex always have these sign on bonuses around? Just because this one ends next month, means that they could have the same bonus up and again later in the year or 2023?
Original post by Frank Peters
I want to get the sign on bonus when I apply for the Amex gold card. However my credit score is like 877 and the likely hood of being accepted with that is low, however I could apply and possibly be accepted.
The reason why I’m asking is the 20k sign on bonus deal ends July 2022, does Amex always have these sign on bonuses around? Just because this one ends next month, means that they could have the same bonus up and again later in the year or 2023?

I suspect you might get a more knowledgeable response from the MSE forum rather than a student forum:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/
Original post by Frank Peters

Amex have an eligibility checker that just does a pre-application check; and they say that "[t]his type of check will not impact your credit rating or affect your ability to obtain credit". https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/credit-cards/eligibility-checker/

The reason why I’m asking is the 20k sign on bonus deal

I can see an offer for 30,000 membership reward points on the "American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card" based on spending £3000 in the first three months. The card has a £140 annual fee after the first 12 months -- so rather steep. And you may need to find something to do with those membership reward points before you have to pay the annual fee (assuming you want to cancel before that point).

I have an Amex card and the going rate for converting MR points to statement credits appears to be 1000MR = £4.50.

ends July 2022, does Amex always have these sign on bonuses around? Just because this one ends next month, means that they could have the same bonus up and again later in the year or 2023?

Can't help you with that, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending