The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Law and Professional Practice Offer Holders

Hi everyone,
Has anyone on here received an offer for the Law and Professional Practice Msc at KCL?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by brgddssgg
Hi everyone,
Has anyone on here received an offer for the Law and Professional Practice Msc at KCL?

Hey! I received my offer yesterday
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by nocanol
Hey! I received my offer yesterday

So have i! Are you going to accept it?
Reply 3
Original post by brgddssgg
So have i! Are you going to accept it?

Yea I think I will- I've got some other offers but KCL is ranked the highest so might as well
Also just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait for a decision?
Reply 4
It only took a week, it was weird because KCL has a reputation of taking ages to apply. I’ve accepted my offer so i’m definitely going next year. Hopefully see you there!

Original post by nocanol
Yea I think I will- I've got some other offers but KCL is ranked the highest so might as well
Also just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait for a decision?
Hi! I just applied for it the other day, the little information about it and the applicants made me slightly anxious lol. Which university and course did you do at undergrad? Are you an experienced applicant or fresh out of uni?
Reply 6
Original post by uaax7
Hi! I just applied for it the other day, the little information about it and the applicants made me slightly anxious lol. Which university and course did you do at undergrad? Are you an experienced applicant or fresh out of uni?

I did Business Management with Communication Media and Culture at Oxford Brookes. I graduated at the end of 2021 so I'm going straight from that to this course.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by nocanol
I did Business Management with Communication Media and Culture at Oxford Brookes. I graduated at the end of 2021 so I'm going straight from that to this course.

Hope that helps :smile:

love that! sounds like an interesting transition. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Reply 8
Original post by uaax7
love that! sounds like an interesting transition. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Are you coming straight from undergrad too? And I think i applied around 23rd March and only got my offer mid-June- so it was a pretty long wait. But brgddssgg, who commented above, heard back in a week so you hopefully don't have to wait anywhere near as I did
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by nocanol
Are you coming straight from undergrad too? And I think i applied around 23rd March and only got my offer mid-June- so it was a pretty long wait. But brgddssgg, who commented above, heard back in a week so you hopefully don't have to wait anywhere near as I did

Yeah I graduated this summer, got an offer a few days ago so see you in September!
Reply 10
Anyone who still hasn't received an unconditional offer till now? I need to apply for a visa ASAP but I still haven't heard from KCL...
Original post by wcyww
Anyone who still hasn't received an unconditional offer till now? I need to apply for a visa ASAP but I still haven't heard from KCL...

Also haven’t heard back and I’ve been contacting them all week. Their admin is apparently really slow when it comes to this
Reply 12
Original post by uaax7
Also haven’t heard back and I’ve been contacting them all week. Their admin is apparently really slow when it comes to this

I received an offer from Kings yesterday! You may wanna email them to speed it up too!
Original post by uaax7
Yeah I graduated this summer, got an offer a few days ago so see you in September!

Congratulations! see you in September
Reply 14
I recently received my CAS document and the programme date stated there was 26/09/2022 to 30/09/2023, which is only for a year.

Does anybody know if this is correct? As the first year of the programme could be a stand-alone postgrad diploma. I contacted them via the application portal but their reply is slow as always...
Reply 15
Hi, I'm in my penultimate year and I'm planning to apply for this course. How was the admissions process? How did you tackle the personal statement? Thank you
Reply 16
Original post by jwannn
Hi, I'm in my penultimate year and I'm planning to apply for this course. How was the admissions process? How did you tackle the personal statement? Thank you

Honestly, the process was very streamlined for me. I applied on the 31st of January 2023 and received an offer on the 10th of February 2023. There are no rec letters allowed (just your transcript and your answers to two supporting questions). The most challenging part was definitely answering the two questions as they only allow 1800 characters. It took me around 1.5 months to perfect my statements and I had 10+ professors/colleagues/advisors/friends look over them, but I think you should stick with 4-5 (I think I over-did it and felt pretty overwhelmed with the number of comments). But overall, I would say be honest about why you like the program and why you're a unique candidate. Good luck!!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by aschianchi
Honestly, the process was very streamlined for me. I applied on the 31st of January 2023 and received an offer on the 10th of February 2023. There are no rec letters allowed (just your transcript and your answers to two supporting questions). The most challenging part was definitely answering the two questions as they only allow 1800 characters. It took me around 1.5 months to perfect my statements and I had 10+ professors/colleagues/advisors/friends look over them, but I think you should stick with 4-5 (I think I over-did it and felt pretty overwhelmed with the number of comments). But overall, I would say be honest about why you like the program and why you're a unique candidate. Good luck!!

Thank you for replying! Does that mean you are starting the program this September?
Reply 18
Original post by jwannn
Thank you for replying! Does that mean you are starting the program this September?

of course! And yes, I accepted my offer for September! Are you planning on applying?
Reply 19
Original post by aschianchi
of course! And yes, I accepted my offer for September! Are you planning on applying?

Yes, I am. I'm kind of nervous though. What did you study for undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest