The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Clearing 2022

Hi everyone!

We've created this post so you can ask us any questions you have about Clearing.

You can find lots of useful information on our website and also, sign up for email updates to find out more about York and get our latest vacancies.

So, how does Clearing work?
Each summer, universities advertise their courses that still have available places after International Baccalaureate (IB) results day and A level results day. If, at this stage, you're not holding an offer from any UK university, you can apply for a place through Clearing.

If you've already received a place, but no longer want to accept it, you can still apply for Clearing by declining your offer(s).

When does Clearing open?
Clearing runs in two stages.

From 5 July 2022, after IB results day, certain courses will be available to apply for through Clearing.

On 18 August 2022, A level results day, all courses with spaces available will open for applications.

Clearing closes when universities fill their remaining places. This is usually around September, though many courses fill up before then.

Is Clearing for you?
There are various reasons to apply through Clearing. You might be looking to change your subject or career path, or maybe your results aren't what you expected. In either case, don't panic no matter your situation, Clearing can open up exciting opportunities!

Hear from our Clearing students
Clearing can seem stressful. We know. To help put your mind at ease, we've asked our students to share how they found their Clearing place at York:

Just drop us a message or reply below if you have any questions - we’d love to help!

Hazel, Bea, Helen, Elara, and Zara :smile:
University of York Reps

Scroll to see replies

Hi, what are the chances of an international student getting into York through clearing to study BSc Business Management with BBD, as they normally ask for AAB? Is it worth applying?

Also, are clearing students guaranteed on-campus accommodation?
University of York
York
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in York.

We are still looking for AAB for BSc Business Management through Clearing now (if you already have your results) and it's highly unlikely that we will drop for Management. Sorry!

With regards to accommodation, if you're a new student and secure a place through Clearing, we'll aim to make you an offer of accommodation owned, managed or approved by the University, subject to availability.

I hope this helps :smile:

Helen

Original post by Wishful thinking
Hi, what are the chances of an international student getting into York through clearing to study BSc Business Management with BBD, as they normally ask for AAB? Is it worth applying?

Also, are clearing students guaranteed on-campus accommodation?
Hi, was wondering what the chances are of the LLB law course being offered in clearing.
Hi,

For information about clearing, you can visit our clearing page and sign up for alerts to keep up to date with what we are offering.

Hope this helps,
Elara :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, was wondering what the chances are of the LLB law course being offered in clearing.
Hi do you know if entry requirements are going to be reduced during clearing? for biomedicine the reqs are AAB but is there any chance of them going down?
Original post by nightsky24
Hi do you know if entry requirements are going to be reduced during clearing? for biomedicine the reqs are AAB but is there any chance of them going down?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in York.

We are still looking for AAB for BSc Biomedical Sciences through Clearing. For information about clearing, you can visit our clearing page and sign up for alerts to keep up to date with what we are offering.

Hope this helps,

Zara :smile:
AAB for biomed clearing? that's mad uno. Bristol and KCL let people in with BBB because of their postcode.
Hi, I applied to five other universities to study archaeoolgy but I have interest in coming to York also. What are chances of getting to York through clearing to do an archaeology undergraduate degree?
Original post by Alisha_aguya
Hi, I applied to five other universities to study archaeoolgy but I have interest in coming to York also. What are chances of getting to York through clearing to do an archaeology undergraduate degree?

@University of York

I'll bump it for ya, but Archaeology is a very popular course there. Have you looked at Glasgow and Durham?

Hi,

Our BA Archaeology, BSc Archaeology, BA Archaeology and Heritage, BSc Bioarchaeology and BA Historical Archaeology degrees all have vacancies in Clearing this year. For information about clearing, you can visit our clearing page and sign up for alerts to keep up to date with what we are offering.

Hope this helps,

Zara :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
I’ve applied to Durham uni and got an offer there but I’ve been looking at Liverpool, Edinburgh & York mostly
I’ve applied to Durham uni and got an offer there but I’ve been looking at Liverpool, Edinburgh & York mostly

Liverpool and York have very good Archaeology departments, I think Edinburgh is also good but Liverpool has a lot of dig experience and varied modules, and York is well known for Archaeology
I have just received an unconditional offer form York (I sat A levels last year) and I'm keen to accept it but worried about getting into Uni halls. Will I need to wait until after results day until I find out if I have somewhere to live?
Original post by Anonymous
I have just received an unconditional offer form York (I sat A levels last year) and I'm keen to accept it but worried about getting into Uni halls. Will I need to wait until after results day until I find out if I have somewhere to live?

Hi,
Hope you're well.

We allocate our accommodation in date order of when you applied and you'll find out about accommodation on or after A Level results day when we know who's definitely coming to the University, so it's fair to all applicants.

Please feel free to email our accommodation team at [email protected] or call them on +44 (0)1904 322165 if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Bea
Hi, I think I'm going to apply for Philosophy and physics through clearing.
Will I need to decline any UCAS offers I already have first or can I just wait until I have a verbal offer?
Also, will I still be able to get university accomodation or will it all be taken by then?
Thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mgeorge433
Hi, I think I'm going to apply for Philosophy and physics through clearing.
Will I need to decline any UCAS offers I already have first or can I just wait until I have a verbal offer?
Also, will I still be able to get university accomodation or will it all be taken by then?
Thank you!

Hi!

That's great news to hear you're thinking of studying at York!

Firstly, you might find our Clearing vacancies page useful, so please do check it out. If you already have your grades, you can complete this early clearing form, and we'll get back to you if you're eligible for a verbal offer. You don't need to decline any offers you are currently holding yet.

Regarding your university accommodation questions, I'd recommend checking out the information on our Clearing Accommodation page.

Hope that helps! Any other questions, please feel free to get in touch! :smile:

Sam
Reply 17
Hi, I’m thinking of studying English Language and Linguistics at York this year but I’m not sure if I can get the grades needed. My A-levels were English Language and Literature, Media Studies, and Psychology. My predicted grades are ABB but I think it could be ABC realistically. Would I still have the chance of getting in? :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello all,

We’ll be entering the UCAS embargo period from 12pm on Thursday 11 August until 8am on Thursday 18 August.

This means that universities and colleges cannot disclose any results information with applicants or advisers, or give an indication of the outcome of an application following results.

Therefore, we won’t be active on The Student Room or our social media channels in any capacity, so make sure to get in touch with us before then if you have any questions!

UCAS Hub for applicants will also not be updated.

Our clearing phone lines are also now closed while we prepare for results day. They will reopen on Thursday 18 August at 8am.

In the meantime, you can sign up for Clearing updates and we’ll send you a list of our vacancies on results day as well as helpful tips from our students. If you’re interested in applying for a course through Clearing, here is our guide on how to do so.

Best of luck to you all,

Bea, Hazel, Chris, Elara, Helen and Zara
University of York TSR Ambassadors
Hi,

I have confirmed York as my preferred university and paid a deposit for accommodation. If I don't get the required grades for my choice of course, will I automatically lose my accommodation or if I go through clearing to confirm another course, I would still like to attend York and keep the accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending