The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Clearing 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I have confirmed York as my preferred university and paid a deposit for accommodation. If I don't get the required grades for my choice of course, will I automatically lose my accommodation or if I go through clearing to confirm another course, I would still like to attend York and keep the accommodation?

Hi,

If you are accepted today for your firm choice, you will keep your accommodation and the team will be in touch to let you know your room number.

If you would like to go through Clearing and confirm another choice, you would have to decline your place at York to take up another place.

Best of luck today!
University of York
York
Hi,

I began looking at York uni today after doing better than expected in my A levels (AAA in English lit, history and psychology). However, apparently there are no vacancies here for home students.

What are the chances that a vacancy could open up later?
I was curious to this too and was hoping for the same for BSc Biomedical Science. I’ve been checking clearing and judging what places are being taken by international students. What I’m hoping is that if these spaces aren’t filled by international students, York will open clearing to UK students. This morning there were 214 courses available and as of now that’s only gone down to 212. Depending on how slowly this goes, and that clearing lines are once again open from 8am-5pm tomorrow, I’m staying vigilant and hopeful.Good luck to you!
Original post by will.dodss
I was curious to this too and was hoping for the same for BSc Biomedical Science. I’ve been checking clearing and judging what places are being taken by international students. What I’m hoping is that if these spaces aren’t filled by international students, York will open clearing to UK students. This morning there were 214 courses available and as of now that’s only gone down to 212. Depending on how slowly this goes, and that clearing lines are once again open from 8am-5pm tomorrow, I’m staying vigilant and hopeful.Good luck to you!

Right now I'm just keeping an eye on things.

I did email them, to which they basically responded with "we're full. try next year."

Hopefully they open up some spaces, and good luck to you too!
Original post by jcaukill
Right now I'm just keeping an eye on things.

I did email them, to which they basically responded with "we're full. try next year."

Hopefully they open up some spaces, and good luck to you too!

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that, yes, York seems to be adding some courses up for UK students in clearing. As of right now they have theatre and English Language and Linguistics.

Here’s to hoping they add your course!
Original post by jcaukill
Hi,

I began looking at York uni today after doing better than expected in my A levels (AAA in English lit, history and psychology). However, apparently there are no vacancies here for home students.

What are the chances that a vacancy could open up later?

Original post by will.dodss

Thank you for your interest in York. Following an exceptionally competitive year we are not entering Clearing for our intake of UK Home students for 2022/23 as we have filled all our available places.

For advice and the latest vacancies for 2022 entry at other UK universities please visit UCAS.com.

If you are interested in applying to York in 2023 you can sign up for email updates for our latest news and events.
?does York clearing do social work ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending