Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
'School' - how old are you?
Original post by Surnia
'School' - how old are you?

18, I'm referring to university as school
Original post by Bleepbloopbop

You'll struggle to rent without a job and bank statements showing regular income,

Well don’t.
school is education
post school education lower than university is further education
university is Higher Education.

if you don’t use the correct terms, nobody can answer.
Original post by domonict
Well don’t.
school is education

no need to be condescending :smile:
What type of areas are you willing to consider moving to?
Are you looking to rent a room with ensuite in a houseshare, a studio or a 1 bedroom flat?
Reply 7
You need to consider every outgoing: rent, utilities, furniture, soft furnishings, kitchen equipment, travel, food, toiletries, laundry and cleaning products, work clothes and shoes.

List isn't endless or necessarily all applicable. However, you'll need a job to get a deposit and sufficient proof of income to rent, so how do you fund the expenses associated with that until you find suitable accommodation? It's a vicious circle...
Original post by londonmyst
What type of areas are you willing to consider moving to?
Are you looking to rent a room with ensuite in a houseshare, a studio or a 1 bedroom flat?

I have no preference as long as its an ensuite, my biggest concern is cost, I'm willing to relocate but I am not sure if I want to leave the city
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Muttley79
You'll struggle to rent without a job and bank statements showing regular income,

I am working part time at the moment and I have plans to look for a different full-time job come September, I won't be moving until I have regular income and enough in my savings account
Well don’t.
school is education

Apologies, I didnt know, thanks for informing me
Original post by Surnia
You need to consider every outgoing: rent, utilities, furniture, soft furnishings, kitchen equipment, travel, food, toiletries, laundry and cleaning products, work clothes and shoes.

List isn't endless or necessarily all applicable. However, you'll need a job to get a deposit and sufficient proof of income to rent, so how do you fund the expenses associated with that until you find suitable accommodation? It's a vicious circle...

I will be working full time, I have no costs at home right now, I hope to find a place that's already furnished, I don't intend to rent a flat but a room so I'm wondering what a reasonable cost for a room (bills inc.) would be in case I am taken advantage of
(edited 1 year ago)
I am working part time at the moment and I have plans to look for a different full-time job come September, I won't be moving until I have regular income and enough in my savings account

Often they'll want at least three months bank statement and references.

Start checkong out rightmove for house shares.
Original post by Muttley79
Often they'll want at least three months bank statement and references.

Start checkong out rightmove for house shares.

OK thank you, I'll keep this in mind
Apologies, I didnt know, thanks for informing me

VapourDave- define condescending when the OP clearly didn’t understand the basis of the question, and thanks me?
(edited 1 year ago)
VapourDave- define condescending when the OP clearly didn’t understand the basis of the question, and thanks me?

With all due respect, I appreciate what vapour said because the tone of your reply did rub me the wrong way and didn't address my question once I provided clarification

However it doesn't matter since I wasn't clear and I've thanked you for correcting my poor word choice
(edited 1 year ago)
Just look on zoopla or something to see how much a room in a shared house in London costs.

The answer generally though is "a lot".
I live in London, not a student at the moment but planning to resume school in a couple years. For now I just need to move out since my parents and I aren't on good terms. How much should i be paying for an ensuite in London pcm? I don't want to be exploited and want to find an appropriate job to fund this, I aim to move next year. I'll be living like this for about 2 years before maybe starting uni in 2025.

I mean, London is bloody huge. Which zone? Which area? If you are willing to move as far as Zone 6 then you are looking around £550-750 for an en-suite depending on how modern and large the room is.

Check Spareroom.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Blue_Cow
I mean, London is bloody huge. Which zone? Which area? If you are willing to move as far as Zone 6 then you are looking around £550-750 for an en-suite depending on how modern and large the room is.

Check Spareroom.

OK thank you I will check there, and yes I'm not too fussed about the zone but I'll need to find a job and do some calculations I suppose
OK thank you I will check there, and yes I'm not too fussed about the zone but I'll need to find a job and do some calculations I suppose

Yes. It's a fine balance to strike between cheaper rent in the outer zones vs the cost of travel into central London. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending