The Student Room Group

Exam resit gcse 2022

Hi,
Due to migraine I wasn’t performing well in my exams my school knew about it I provided them with all medical proof, during one of the papers I collapsed and was taken to the hospital. After that I haven’t been doing well and it disturbed my revision for exams.
If I get a really bad result can the school give me a free resit in November as I haven’t been able to do well as I can
The only GCSEs which will be available to resit in November will be Maths and English. For all other subjects, you'd need to wait until next year to resit.

You say, "during one of the papers I collapsed and was taken to the hospital. After that I haven’t been doing well..." Do you know whether or not your school applied for "special consideration" on your behalf?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The only GCSEs which will be available to resit in November will be Maths and English. For all other subjects, you'd need to wait until next year to resit.

You say, "during one of the papers I collapsed and was taken to the hospital. After that I haven’t been doing well..." Do you know whether or not your school applied for "special consideration" on your behalf?

Original post by king345
Hi,
Due to migraine I wasn’t performing well in my exams my school knew about it I provided them with all medical proof, during one of the papers I collapsed and was taken to the hospital. After that I haven’t been doing well and it disturbed my revision for exams.
If I get a really bad result can the school give me a free resit in November as I haven’t been able to do well as I can

Yes I have
Can I pay the school to help me sit the paper
Original post by king345
Can I pay the school to help me sit the paper

Sit what paper? You've already sat your GCSEs, right?

I don't know your school's resit policy, should you wish to do that (in November for Maths and English or next year).
Reply 4
I have sat my paperTo do the thing I want to do in 6th form I need a grade 4 in one other subject So that’s why
Original post by king345
I have sat my paperTo do the thing I want to do in 6th form I need a grade 4 in one other subject So that’s why

And that "one other subject" is...?

I ask because, as I've already said, the only subjects for which resits are available in November are Maths and English Language. So if your requirement is one of those subjects then you might be allowed to take "the thing" you want to do in Sixth Form as long also you also resit the GCSE. But that's entirely a decision for your school/college - they don't all have the same policy.

If, however, it's a different subject (e.g. Science) then you won't have an opportunity to resit it until next year. That might make it less likely that you'd be able to do "the thing" you want to do.

However, these questions can only be answered by your individual school/college.
Reply 6
I want to do either English literature or history
I think I have a 4-4 in science
And in November I will do my resit and hopefully get a 4 above
That leads to 4 out of 5 subject in me being passed what about the one other subject I have to do in order to get that 5
Reply 7
Original post by DataVenia
And that "one other subject" is...?

I ask because, as I've already said, the only subjects for which resits are available in November are Maths and English Language. So if your requirement is one of those subjects then you might be allowed to take "the thing" you want to do in Sixth Form as long also you also resit the GCSE. But that's entirely a decision for your school/college - they don't all have the same policy.

If, however, it's a different subject (e.g. Science) then you won't have an opportunity to resit it until next year. That might make it less likely that you'd be able to do "the thing" you want to do.

However, these questions can only be answered by your individual school/college.

Can my 6th form give me an exception to do a level 3 course which requires which 5 gcse passes at 4
For example I receive 4 grade 4’s in my finals and just missed it by 1 grade
can they give it to me due to me plus I had a medical condition
They can, yes. Whether they will or not will be a decision for them
Reply 9
I have heard from students in 6th form that this can happen
That's great news. Question answered (by yourself).
Now you know what the re-sit options are, your best bet is to wait until Results Day, see what you get and then discuss with your chosen 6th form - or an alternative one - what they would let you do with the results you have. If you do re-sit in November then the results aren't out until January - you'll be lucky to be let on to a course on the assumption that you will get a better grade at that point, but there's no harm trying.
Reply 12
In order to do law alevels I need a 6 in English
If I fail English now and resit in November and then get a 6 would I be instantly able to do law as an alevel
Original post by king345
In order to do law alevels I need a 6 in English
If I fail English now and resit in November and then get a 6 would I be instantly able to do law as an alevel

That's a requirement that your school/college have put in place, so only they can answer your question.
Reply 14
So it’s their choice
Original post by king345
So it’s their choice

Yup.
Original post by king345
So it’s their choice

Yes. However, very few schools allow you to change A levels as late as January (when the November results come out) though - most have a cut off of the end of September or the October half term.

Quick Reply

Latest