The Student Room Group

GCSE!!

Hi, this is my last summer before my GCSEs in 2023. To be honest i'm super anxious as didn't really know what to expect, also im nervous that i can't manage to do all the subjects. I am asking for advice from the students who scored high grades in GCSEs how did you manage it? What was your daily study routine? What helped you?

ps: if someone has revision notes or anything that you think will be helpful, please let me know if ur willing to share
Original post by tiredammie
Hi, this is my last summer before my GCSEs in 2023. To be honest i'm super anxious as didn't really know what to expect, also im nervous that i can't manage to do all the subjects. I am asking for advice from the students who scored high grades in GCSEs how did you manage it? What was your daily study routine? What helped you?

ps: if someone has revision notes or anything that you think will be helpful, please let me know if ur willing to share

I got three 8s, four 7s, two 6s and a 5 (however my school inflated the grade boundaries heavily so my grades appear lower than they would be on a normal exam year) from my exams last year.

For sciences, I used educake. For maths, it was just constant practice and for English I used quote explosions which were very helpful.
I revised structures for essay questions and I did past papers for languages.

It’s different for everyone but it’s best to revise over time. Coming up to your GCSEs, revise MONTHS in advance, do past paper questions for your subjects because they’ll help with understanding!

Hi there, I was able to achieve two 9s, four 8s and one 7 (in English lang). I think the main reason I did this well (I know its not all 9s but in my opinion this is good) is because I did a lot of revision in the summer leading to year 11 and you're in that position now so if you are really dedicated and don't mind putting the work in, I would suggest that you start reviewing old content, learning new content and do lots of exam practice. as you mentioned you've spoken to many people who scored high in their GCSEs so I'm guessing you know how to revise for each subject but if you don't, let me know and ill be happy to give you some tips. in terms of how long you should spend revising I would suggest you dedicate each day to max 3 subjects because I found that if I have too many subjects I can't focus properly. Spend a good 2hrs or less (if youre confident with the content) on each subject. hope this helps!

No-one sat 'real' GCSEs in 2020 or 2021 and those who did them this year haven't got their results yet.
learn the theory and concepts first by revising from textbooks. there are lots of online resources and YouTube tutorials. and finally do lots and lots of practice.

hello! i just finished year 11, I wouldn't say my grades are super high (mainly 6,7 and 8's) but I'm sure I can still help!! Honestly I think the most important thing is do bits of revision little and often as it will build up your memory and it works better than cramming as you won't remember anything afterwards! I recommend flashcards, blurting and past papers as it will test your knowledge and highlight what you're still struggling with! in regards to a routine I think before mocks you should start revision 4-5 weeks before so you have time to cover everything at least once, I would say not to do more than 2 hours a night after school as it will tire you out so doing little bits is really effective!

Quick Reply

Latest