The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York st john accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Hmm. First of all most unis do guarantee Accomodation for first years.
Second of all, it’s is more common than not to supply small appliances. I’d love to know other uni accommodation that doesn’t. Going with my flat mates would be great however seeing as I don’t know who they are and neither YSJ accomodation offices or (in the case of a friend) partner providers appear to share who they are! Thirdly when you’re dying for a coffee after unpacking at possibly a different time to your flat mates no kettle is a bit annoying. Plus will shops in York even have them as lots of students might be doing the same thing.
I know it seems I’m finding problems everywhere but I think the accommodation team aren’t great. Sorry.
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm. First of all most unis do guarantee Accomodation for first years.
Second of all, it’s is more common than not to supply small appliances. I’d love to know other uni accommodation that doesn’t. Going with my flat mates would be great however seeing as I don’t know who they are and neither YSJ accomodation offices or (in the case of a friend) partner providers appear to share who they are! Thirdly when you’re dying for a coffee after unpacking at possibly a different time to your flat mates no kettle is a bit annoying. Plus will shops in York even have them as lots of students might be doing the same thing.
I know it seems I’m finding problems everywhere but I think the accommodation team aren’t great. Sorry.

Unfortunately, whilst I could, I do not feel comfortable naming other universities in a negative light. Especially on a public forum. Everyone chooses the university that is right for them according to different priorities and personal preferences.

I understand that completely, but on the bright side, it could be an excuse to explore the local area (potentially with family or friends if they are helping you move before they leave) and have a drink in a café together.
We do have plenty of shops within walking distance and even via bus to our local shopping parks that provide these amenities. I have never known anyone to have a problem finding them! A lot of people organise it in advance and shops are well aware of the Fresher's rush.

I do urge you to get in touch with YSJ directly if you have something that is impacting your transition to university.
In my personal experience, the support at YSJ is very strong and any issues I have encountered in my three years have been seen to and solved. For example, the Student Support Fund helped me out massive amounts when in a difficult personal situation and the university did as much as they could to get me the best outcome. I hope that you find this to be the case when you join us!

Lydia
Ok thank you. I’m still looking forward to coming and will make the very best of it.
Original post by OiFelixCmereBro
Has anyone else been given their accommodation offers yet? i haven't found anyone else in my flat yet im at st john central flat 506 :smile:

I’m in flat 404
tbh i feel quite lucky getting one of my options, I've seen a couple people who didn't get any of their preferences and got put somewhere random which sucks :/

Wait so you do or don’t get to choose your room mate there?
Original post by Inc3me
Wait so you do or don’t get to choose your room mate there?

it's completely random as far as im aware :smile:
it's completely random as far as im aware :smile:

Waaaaaattttt

That’s unfair :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending