The Student Room Group

DWP 3 question pre recorded interview

I have a pre-recorded interview for a new job next week. I have to answer 3 questions and the interview should last 25 minutes where I will have a certain amount of time to answer each question.

Has anyone please got any hints or tips please? I'm really anxious about it as I really want this job but I'm not very articulate at getting what I want to say across.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😁
Original post by Tor22
I have a pre-recorded interview for a new job next week. I have to answer 3 questions and the interview should last 25 minutes where I will have a certain amount of time to answer each question.
Has anyone please got any hints or tips please? I'm really anxious about it as I really want this job but I'm not very articulate at getting what I want to say across.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😁
When I applied there were 6 questions but now I think they changed it to 3 only which probably means ur interview results will be ready a lot sooner. These are all the questions I came across in my interviews. Most of them are similar so u don’t need to make a different answer for every question. there may be questions that I haven’t listed or they may have changed the questions completely. I’d ask someone on here who has recently done the interview. I used the WHO model in my answers.

Communicating & influencing:
How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
A time you communicated complicated information clearly?
A time you adapted your communication style to achieve an outcome?
A time you used your communication skills to influence others?
Managing a quality service:
A time you went above & beyond expectations to provide a great service?
A time you had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
A time you demonstrated exceptional customer service?
A time you improved customer service by identifying and mitigating risk?
Making effective decisions:
A time you made a difficult decision that impacted others?
A time you analysed evidence to make a decision? A time you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How would you approach making a decision to ensure it is fair and impartial?

You get a practice question that you can just skip as it’s not marked. You can’t re record your answers. I had all my answers on a word document and split my screen and I used my 1 minute thinking time to find the answer I was going to read out.
(edited 1 month ago)
May I know what job role you are applying for in DWP?
Reply 3
Original post by plentyplenty
May I know what job role you are applying for in DWP?
Executive officer
Reply 4
Original post by SammyF97
When I applied there were 6 questions but now I think they changed it to 3 only which probably means ur interview results will be ready a lot sooner. These are all the questions I came across in my interviews. Most of them are similar so u don’t need to make a different answer for every question. there may be questions that I haven’t listed or they may have changed the questions completely. I’d ask someone on here who has recently done the interview. I used the WHO model in my answers.
Communicating & influencing:
How would you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome?
A time you communicated complicated information clearly?
A time you adapted your communication style to achieve an outcome?
A time you used your communication skills to influence others?
Managing a quality service:
A time you went above & beyond expectations to provide a great service?
A time you had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
A time you demonstrated exceptional customer service?
A time you improved customer service by identifying and mitigating risk?
Making effective decisions:
A time you made a difficult decision that impacted others?
A time you analysed evidence to make a decision? A time you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How would you approach making a decision to ensure it is fair and impartial?
You get a practice question that you can just skip as it’s not marked. You can’t re record your answers. I had all my answers on a word document and split my screen and I used my 1 minute thinking time to find the answer I was going to read out.
Thank you very much. This will give me a lot to think about and to hopefully use to prepare with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending