The Student Room Group

RE: IRC265817 - Executive Officer II - Phase 6 (F)

Scroll to see replies

Takes about 4 weeks and then your start date is likely to be 4 - 5 weeks after that. So you can expect to be starting around the start of December...happy Christmas
Original post by smcgax
Same here 170+. How long should we expect for the offer to come through?

Sorry, are you 170+ and got preplacement or not yet?
Reply 22
I’m 170+ and got my preplacement letter.
Original post by smcgax
I’m 170+ and got my preplacement letter.

thanks, what working pattern did you have selected and the Area? I am very close to you in the list and haven't heard anything yet. HR connect got back to my saying they have reached 255f, although candidates will be contacted at different times depending on preferences selected.
Reply 24
Areas 2, 5 and 9 and selected AWP and SWP.
Hope you hear something soon! They seem to be pumping out lots of emails today as i’ve just been invited to interview for the EO2 Driving Examiner haha
Original post by hardcorism
thanks, what working pattern did you have selected and the Area? I am very close to you in the list and haven't heard anything yet. HR connect got back to my saying they have reached 255f, although candidates will be contacted at different times depending on preferences selected.

AWP as a working pattern traditionally gets selected sooner than SWP. Though that does limit you options on where you are placed . Really just CMS and UC.
Original post by Truly_Diabolical
AWP as a working pattern traditionally gets selected sooner than SWP. Though that does limit you options on where you are placed . Really just CMS and UC.

I selected area 1 and swp. Wondering if they have only selected certain areas first as they have went to 255f and I'm 188f. They replied people will herd st fifteenth times depending on Prefences. Do you mind saying what yours were?
Original post by hardcorism
I selected area 1 and swp. Wondering if they have only selected certain areas first as they have went to 255f and I'm 188f. They replied people will herd st fifteenth times depending on Prefences. Do you mind saying what yours were?

Well I selected area 1, SWP and AWP, and was 107f on the merit list. It does sometimes take a bit of time when they’re placing people. Can I ask if you ticked the box for higher clearance too? That traditionally takes longer than regular checks.

AWP/SWP??
Well I selected area 1, SWP and AWP, and was 107f on the merit list. It does sometimes take a bit of time when they’re placing people. Can I ask if you ticked the box for higher clearance too? That traditionally takes longer than regular checks.

No don't think I clicked that. Hopefully not be too long,
Reply 30
Original post by Laura elley
AWP/SWP??

Alternate Working Pattern and Standard Working Pattern
Was told by hrconnect my offer letter will be sent next week
Offer letter through there. Start date November 21st. Happy Christmas.
Can I ask what your merit number was?

Reply 34
Massive congrats! Is that UC by any chance - Are you happy with the offer? :smile: Well done
Merit position 107f. And no it wasn’t UC. I’m overjoyed, it’s the department I’m currently in as an AO, so just moving up!
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m 86f and have not received my offer letter

Merit position 107f. And no it wasn’t UC. I’m overjoyed, it’s the department I’m currently in as an AO, so just moving up!
Reply 37
@Truly_Diabolical Great way to end the week with a post you’re happy with. :biggrin: Where you based atm; DfC or Daera etc?

@Laura elley At this stage of pre-placement i don’t think it’s as heavily based on merit position, but more on location and working pattern. There could be a longer wait to be placed rurally than in Belfast/ NW for example. It could be worth putting in an FOI to see how many are to be placed in front of you for your preferred area :smile: Hopefully won’t be too long!
Don’t understand how it all works but I work in DfC PIP in Belfast and staying there FT
Original post by smcgax
@Truly_Diabolical Great way to end the week with a post you’re happy with. :biggrin: Where you based atm; DfC or Daera etc?

@Laura elley At this stage of pre-placement i don’t think it’s as heavily based on merit position, but more on location and working pattern. There could be a longer wait to be placed rurally than in Belfast/ NW for example. It could be worth putting in an FOI to see how many are to be placed in front of you for your preferred area :smile: Hopefully won’t be too long!
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m in dfc atm. Yes I agree, there was a conversation in the SO/DP thread about line managers requesting certain people, and it affecting merit order. Feel a little bad to have skipped the queue so to speak, but at the same time I’m glad I’m staying where I am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending