The Student Room Group

RE: IRC265817 - Executive Officer II - Phase 6 (F)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Jessrach
Thats good offers are starting to come through . Has anyone any idea on the salary how it works in terms of do u start on the minimum of the pay band , if so how long for and if it is monthly pay as opposed to 4weekly?
Im trying to assess if it is be financially viable for me to leave my current position so would like as much info as possible before i commit .

My offer letter stated monthly pay and starting on base salary of 26,659. I applied for this position in May 2021 so my salary in my current job has gone up substantially since then, so I need to weigh up my options!
Original post by nxs95
It said on the offer letter that it’ll be AWP and working on a rota between 8am and 8pm M-F and Saturdays.

Ah OK, mine must be standard as no mention of working pattern. I'm going to email the named line manager tomorrow to get a bit more info. I'm currently working as psni staff (I started after applying for this) and tbh, I love my job. Don't think I'm going to accept this one, but will email the person named in the email tomorrow and hopefully get a bit more info and make an informed decision.
Reply 382
Original post by Nicshopeful24
Ah OK, mine must be standard as no mention of working pattern. I'm going to email the named line manager tomorrow to get a bit more info. I'm currently working as psni staff (I started after applying for this) and tbh, I love my job. Don't think I'm going to accept this one, but will email the person named in the email tomorrow and hopefully get a bit more info and make an informed decision.

I didn’t receive any contact details for the person named in the email so I’ve emailed HRConnect to see if they can give me any info. Start date is 29th April so I need to hand in my notice on Monday at the latest if I accept, but I’m not sure. I’m so torn.
Original post by nxs95
I didn’t receive any contact details for the person named in the email so I’ve emailed HRConnect to see if they can give me any info. Start date is 29th April so I need to hand in my notice on Monday at the latest if I accept, but I’m not sure. I’m so torn.

Same start date for me. Although I'm on holiday from the 30th so if I do accept it I'll have to ask for it to be pushed back. Are you in Foyle?
Reply 384
Same start date for me. Although I'm on holiday from the 30th so if I do accept it I'll have to ask for it to be pushed back. Are you in Foyle?

No Belfast, Castle Court for me!
Original post by nxs95
No Belfast, Castle Court for me!

I think uc in castlecourt is 1 day a fortnight in office unless its changed
Anyone anymore info on the job role?
Just recieved my offer for dfc castlecourt awp. Ive contacted hr connect for more info
Anyone anymore info on the job role?
Just recieved my offer for dfc castlecourt awp. Ive contacted hr connect for more info

Was that all the info given? Whats the job title/role?
Original post by p3427977
Was that all the info given? Whats the job title/role?

No other info at all . Really hard to make an informed decision based on this. I have a point of contact for start day but no number/email . I have emailed hr for more info.
Unsure about awp as well as not keen on working saturdays and late nights , was hoping for 9-5
No other info at all . Really hard to make an informed decision based on this. I have a point of contact for start day but no number/email . I have emailed hr for more info.
Unsure about awp as well as not keen on working saturdays and late nights , was hoping for 9-5

I think a lot of posts in CC are AWP but none are late nights and Saturday.
Reply 390
Did anyone email HR Connect today and get a response? I'm looking to change my start date. Probably should have just contacted the section because I know them but wanted to keep it above board and have the right date on the acceptance slip. Got no response even though it says I have to accept in 5 days and should contact asap if date doesn't suit.
Original post by Sa65
Did anyone email HR Connect today and get a response? I'm looking to change my start date. Probably should have just contacted the section because I know them but wanted to keep it above board and have the right date on the acceptance slip. Got no response even though it says I have to accept in 5 days and should contact asap if date doesn't suit.

I got a response I asked for more clarification on the role and they said they would forward my questions to the line manager. I emailed first got no response then phoned. I havent yet recieved any more info
Original post by p3427977
I think a lot of posts in CC are AWP but none are late nights and Saturday.

Thanks I have asked for more clarification on this as it states between hrs of 8-8 m to f and 9-5 sat on a rota basis. There was no reference to hybrid working either.
Thanks I have asked for more clarification on this as it states between hrs of 8-8 m to f and 9-5 sat on a rota basis. There was no reference to hybrid working either.

I think all awp roles are advertised as this but none of them currently work those hours. There is Saturday working some places but it's one every few months at most and u get a day off during the week to compensate.
is everyone taking there offers?
When do you have to decide by & what’s start date?
Original post by Corriereet
is everyone taking there offers?
When do you have to decide by & what’s start date?

I'm turning mine down. Have to decide by Weds and start date at end of April. I love the job I'm in now so going to stick with it. UC doesn't interest me in the slightest unfortunately. Just wasn't meant to be for me.
I'm turning mine down. Have to decide by Weds and start date at end of April. I love the job I'm in now so going to stick with it. UC doesn't interest me in the slightest unfortunately. Just wasn't meant to be for me.

Did you get to speak with your line manager? I still havent sooken to anyone yet so im still seeking more clarification which i will hopefully get on wednesday the cut off date for me.
Did you get to speak with your line manager? I still havent sooken to anyone yet so im still seeking more clarification which i will hopefully get on wednesday the cut off date for me.

Hr connect emailed back with a response from the line manager, but it didn't really help. He did give me his email to contact him directly, but I haven't bothered. Weighed up the pros and cons of leaving and it's better for me to stay where I am for now anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending