The Student Room Group

RE: IRC265817 - Executive Officer II - Phase 6 (F)

Scroll to see replies

Did your letter have 2 job ref numbers on it. I got my offer a few days ago and it has the original ref in brackets and a new one. Just wondering why this is. I prob won't be taking it so don't want to discuss dept etc but it was very rural!
The new IRC number will be what you put on your post holder form on your first day
Don’t be worrying about that, HRC obviously have their ways of posting, was just wondering in case I’ve missed something. Congrats

Original post by Truly_Diabolical
I’m in dfc atm. Yes I agree, there was a conversation in the SO/DP thread about line managers requesting certain people, and it affecting merit order. Feel a little bad to have skipped the queue so to speak, but at the same time I’m glad I’m staying where I am.
Has anyone received their placement letter this week yet?
Original post by Dawsonk86
Has anyone received their placement letter this week yet?

A few have, think it depends on area etc. Was told I would have mine by the end of the week, so should be this week, going by previous offers sometimes can bleed into next but i would say unlikely.
Original post by jmac225
A few have, think it depends on area etc. Was told I would have mine by the end of the week, so should be this week, going by previous offers sometimes can bleed into next but i would say unlikely.

Yes thought that seen someone had been placed for Newry. Are you waiting on Belfast?
Yes thought that seen someone had been placed for Newry. Are you waiting on Belfast?

No I am, North Coast. Coleraine/Derry/Ballymena were the main areas.
Got my offer. Glad I rang HR Connect today. Apparently, my offer letter was sent out on the 13th. I hadn't received it, thankfully when resent it appeared... but also the woman was able to note on my account that I should have an extension for my reply.

Bit annoyed about this as the start date is a lot closer than it would have been if I had known last week and I have a 4 week notice to work.
I got my letter today, gives me about 5 weeks notice which is probably what you should have gotten so yeah that's a pain would they let you change the start date or would that mean having to wait on another post?
Not sure. I've accepted it and await a very awkward conversation with my manager come Monday. Hoping it will be hybrid, as its a fair trip for me.
😬 Well it is what it is nothing much you can do about it now hopefully won't be too painful. Hoping I can go hybrid too at some point assuming it'll be put forward after training if it's a possibility or not
Feel much better, had a chat with my new line manager, working from home then when the office is being refurbed and even then will only be two days a week. How are you all feeling about your placement?
Original post by jmac225
Feel much better, had a chat with my new line manager, working from home then when the office is being refurbed and even then will only be two days a week. How are you all feeling about your placement?

Brilliant! I just received my job description that I requested today, work coach. Looks decent to me, would be a lot of training involved to learn all the systems etc
Brilliant! I just received my job description that I requested today, work coach. Looks decent to me, would be a lot of training involved to learn all the systems etc

Ah happy days sounds good, think mines a Brexit policy post in DAERA, which is completely out of left field but sure haha
Sounds interesting to me though lol I'm looking forward to a new challenge and something different keep us updated on how ur getting on 😁
Original post by jmac225
Got my offer. Glad I rang HR Connect today. Apparently, my offer letter was sent out on the 13th. I hadn't received it, thankfully when resent it appeared... but also the woman was able to note on my account that I should have an extension for my reply.

Bit annoyed about this as the start date is a lot closer than it would have been if I had known last week and I have a 4 week notice to work.

My line manager received my offer letter when I was on leave and messaged me to let me know, I never got one and had to contact HR to get them to resend it. 3.5 weeks notice.
Original post by BiddyRD
My line manager received my offer letter when I was on leave and messaged me to let me know, I never got one and had to contact HR to get them to resend it. 3.5 weeks notice.

Ah I see, not just me then! Thankfully my new line manager was understanding and agreed/informed HR Connect to push my start date back to 28th. Finish current job on the friday before, normally like to steal myself a few days between jobs.. not this time haha
Has anyone had an EO2 interview in recent weeks? Perhaps a reconvened panel?
Original post by Humpday25
Has anyone had an EO2 interview in recent weeks? Perhaps a reconvened panel?

2 colleagues had interviews in the second week in December, had received emails asking them if they were still interested in interviewing.
Thanks for the reply! Have they heard anything since? I'm assuming there was only a small number interviewed in Dec then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending