The Student Room Group

RE: IRC265817 - Executive Officer II - Phase 6 (F)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I had my interview dated 09/12/22 and there was another batch to be completed the following week. I presume that's phase 7 interviews completed. If it's of use to you, I placed 2778 in the aptitude tests.
Hi,
I had my interview dated 09/12/22 and there was another batch to be completed the following week. I presume that's phase 7 interviews completed. If it's of use to you, I placed 2778 in the aptitude tests.
Original post by Humpday25
Thanks for the reply! Have they heard anything since? I'm assuming there was only a small number interviewed in Dec then

The interviews for stage 7 took place 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th of December 2022. It's been a month since my interview and I'm still waiting on a response. Although, I've heard the wait time is about 4-8 weeks for your results. If it's any benefit to you, they must be very close to the 3000s on the aptitude tests, as I was 2778 and had my interview on the 9th December 2022. Hope this helps
Thanks for the replies! It's a colleague of mine that completed her interview and isn't on here - just wanted to see what the current situation was as she wasn't sure if there had been many interviews or what the story was as she'd been on maternity leave. Thanks again!
Colleagues of mine had results back within 4 weeks, others 8 weeks, it all depends on the amount of people were interviewed at this stage. Stage 5 only a 4 week wait, as there was only 480 interviews. Stage 6 took 7/8 weeks, as there were 780 interviews I believe. I'm honestly not too sure how many had been taken this stage. Hopefully worse case scenario it's only another 4 more weeks.
Original post by Humpday25
Thanks for the replies! It's a colleague of mine that completed her interview and isn't on here - just wanted to see what the current situation was as she wasn't sure if there had been many interviews or what the story was as she'd been on maternity leave. Thanks again!

Another point worth letting your colleague know is that unless they scored highly in their respective group A,B,C,D etc. They won't get placed straight away and will remain on the merit list. A good friend of mine initially thought he failed the interview by the way his email was written something along the lines of "We don't have a placement for you at this time" As long as your colleague has passed the interview sooner or later they will get placed. My friend got told there was no placement for him, then about a month later he got placed.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 66
Hey I was interviewed on either 15th or 16th Dec merit position 2924. I emailed last week and asked if there was any outcome and they told me I would find out the second half of Feb did anyone hear anything yet?
Original post by DL2022
Hey I was interviewed on either 15th or 16th Dec merit position 2924. I emailed last week and asked if there was any outcome and they told me I would find out the second half of Feb did anyone hear anything yet?

Nope, i rang last week and they suggested i could email to get results. So i did that and they said they were not available but it's interesting they said 2nd half of Feb. First I have heard that.
Reply 68
I find it a really long wait given the interviews were 2 months ago. I’m new to the process when you get your interview outcome email and it is positive news will it say things about placing or a merit number?
Original post by DL2022
I find it a really long wait given the interviews were 2 months ago. I’m new to the process when you get your interview outcome email and it is positive news will it say things about placing or a merit number?

It depends on how high up you are, if you pass the interview and your score is high they may give you a merit place and a pre placement letter immediately. If you are lower down they may say that you have passed your interview but not high enough to be placed at this time and then a preplacement letter will follow if there continues to be vacancies to be filled. I had my interview in June, not high enough to be placed immediately, got my preplacement letter in October and offer within about 2 weeks with a start date 3 weeks later.
Theres a possibility that no one gets a preplacement at the result stage too. Happened with the last bunch of eo2 so don't be disheartened it will come. Also, they were pretty spot on last time with the guideline of when they were for sending out the results, so hopefully you will hear soon. The waiting is a nightmare but will be worth it!
Reply 71
Original post by BiddyRD
It depends on how high up you are, if you pass the interview and your score is high they may give you a merit place and a pre placement letter immediately. If you are lower down they may say that you have passed your interview but not high enough to be placed at this time and then a preplacement letter will follow if there continues to be vacancies to be filled. I had my interview in June, not high enough to be placed immediately, got my preplacement letter in October and offer within about 2 weeks with a start date 3 weeks later.

Thankyou that’s super helpful. Sorry for another question but is there a time when the list stops and goes ‘out of date’ for example in the HSCNI you remain on a waiting list for 1 years and then after that they have to recruit again
Original post by DL2022
Thankyou that’s super helpful. Sorry for another question but is there a time when the list stops and goes ‘out of date’ for example in the HSCNI you remain on a waiting list for 1 years and then after that they have to recruit again

I believe the list is live for 2 years. I know the previous lists "froze" for a period of time and then restarted due to the climate at that time. I would imagine there is another year at least on it.
Waiting on my interview results too, told second half of Feb and my god its taking so so long! Interview date 08/12/22. How did everyone find the interview? Did you come out feeling confident? I came out feeling good but 10 weeks of overthinking now I'm convinced I haven't passed 😩
Reply 74
Original post by Harrialix
Waiting on my interview results too, told second half of Feb and my god its taking so so long! Interview date 08/12/22. How did everyone find the interview? Did you come out feeling confident? I came out feeling good but 10 weeks of overthinking now I'm convinced I haven't passed 😩

I’m passed the stage of over thinking lol but the good thing is no news is good news so there still a chance of good news! I am terrible at interviews and have really struggled because of them I can chat enough but I get nervous and must ramble a bit cause I always say plenty! However it must be of the wrong stuff lol. How did you find it? It was my first Civil Service Interview so it’s new ground for me.
It was my first interview for civil service too as I'm currently AO but didn't have to interview due to covid. Have been in almost 1.5yrs now so had alot of support from colleagues with how the interviews go and what not. I had my potential questions ide be asked jotted down and literally was preparing my examples most nights until my brain hurt. It only really came together when I stopped overthinking it and simplified my answers to work for the indicators in the competencies and not the competencies overall. I didn't get much more than one or two probing questions at the beginning and I came out feeling like I had hit what I wanted to hit but I think now that could have been relief that it was finally over haha. I wasn't expecting to be called for interview and am happy in my current role so if I pass then brilliant if not then I'll get my feedback and see where I went wrong to prepare for the next time. It'll come around again even if it's in a yr or so. I felt lucky enough though as I did a 3 mth temp promotion to Eo2 last summer so it gave me something relevant to talk about. We shall see!
I did the last round of EO2 interviews in 2018 i think and i blew it on one of the questions and knew coming out i had blown it. I ended up missing out by 12 marks which was a shame. I think it went alright this time. Doing it via webex was a massive help as it didnt seem as formal and didnt seem as much pressure regarding it.

The waiting process is a killer for this though. I just want to know if i passed or failed. I dont need a post offering right away that will come with time but it's frustrating as HRConnect could easily just tell us over the phone what the situation is regarding that.
Oh absolutely. I know plenty of people who haven't passed first time. It's not the easiest process and also highly depends on who interviews you and how they interprete your responses.
I'm at the same place where I just want to know if I passed to say 'yeah I've done it' and if a post comes then great. Depends on where though if I got a post as I stupidly put area 1 on my application as well so praying if I do get it I can either stay in my own office or very local as the extra money going From AO to EO2 isn't a huge amount so needs to be worthwhile with not a huge commute.
Original post by Harrialix
Oh absolutely. I know plenty of people who haven't passed first time. It's not the easiest process and also highly depends on who interviews you and how they interprete your responses.
I'm at the same place where I just want to know if I passed to say 'yeah I've done it' and if a post comes then great. Depends on where though if I got a post as I stupidly put area 1 on my application as well so praying if I do get it I can either stay in my own office or very local as the extra money going From AO to EO2 isn't a huge amount so needs to be worthwhile with not a huge commute.

Sometimes if there is a current EO2 role in your area you can be kept there and just move up.

It's the most frustrating process though as HRConnect take ages to update anything!
Yeah I'm hoping if I pass that this will be the case as we have had a few Eo2 leave/accept promotion so there may be room here. Hoping today is going to be results day! Feels unlikely though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending