The Student Room Group

need help dealing with an orthodox muslim bully at school

Hello guys,

was looking for some help with this matter please. I am a buddhist boy in year 10 and experiencing extreme bullying from this orthodox muslim boy. My family is buddhist, im not really religious at all and I'm basically atheist.

Well basically, the main point is this guy bullies everyone not just me. He beats up any kid who is a non-muslim and I'm very scared of him. I have many muslim friends even my best friend is muslim but none are like this guy, he is extreme.

He even bullies other muslims. He tells muslim girls to cover up or that their skirt is too short etc and tells muslim boys that they should be praying instead of playing sports or talking about girls. He put my christian friend in the hospital for 2 weeks with head injury for making joke about him.

I hardly know this guy.. he is in my year but shares none of my classes. I have never spoken out of turn to him or about his religion. He doesn't leave me alone.

I have told the teachers many times but majority of the teachers are white and they got no clue about religions. He even got my phone number from my friend and randomly calls me at home threatening me , I'm seriously scared; the guy is unstable.

There is one asian muslim teacher who I spoke to and he said he couldn't do anything as he was best friends with bullies' parents.

The guy is crazy.. one muslim girl in my year used to wear hijab till year 8 and now she no longer wears hijab and wears make-up, short skirts etc, and has become a lesbian and has white girlfriend and the muslim bully punched her because she left the religion and the teachers did nothing.

What shall I do? I feel very alone in this situation. My parents always told me never start fights or never make enemies and I never did this, I got no clue what he wants. He just keeps preaching his religion to everyone everyday and beating up everyone who doesn't listen.
I'm sorry to hear that you and others are going through this. As a Muslim myself, that guy sounds really delusional - he shouldn't be forcing anyone to do anything and whatever a person chooses to do is their choice because it's their life and everyone has a different connection with God or anything else they may believe in.

It's probably best to ignore that guy as much as possible and try block him on as many platforms possible, your friends should do the same along with other classmates. It is definitely worth complaining to other teachers about it, so that at least they are aware. However, if that guy's taunting and harassment continues and nothing gets done, it's probably best to complain to local authorities e.g. council etc because this form of harassment shouldn't be tolerated by anyone regardless of their identity.

Somehow, I feel as though this guy is doing it for attention, it's ironic because he's basically doing bad deeds whilst preaching?? But I hope your situation gets better for you and others - I also hope that guy reflects on his actions; all religions are wonderful and interesting but it's unfortunate that there are people like that.
Reply 2
Original post by Amiit10
Hello guys,

was looking for some help with this matter please. I am a buddhist boy in year 10 and experiencing extreme bullying from this orthodox muslim boy. My family is buddhist, im not really religious at all and I'm basically atheist.

Well basically, the main point is this guy bullies everyone not just me. He beats up any kid who is a non-muslim and I'm very scared of him. I have many muslim friends even my best friend is muslim but none are like this guy, he is extreme.

He even bullies other muslims. He tells muslim girls to cover up or that their skirt is too short etc and tells muslim boys that they should be praying instead of playing sports or talking about girls. He put my christian friend in the hospital for 2 weeks with head injury for making joke about him.

I hardly know this guy.. he is in my year but shares none of my classes. I have never spoken out of turn to him or about his religion. He doesn't leave me alone.

I have told the teachers many times but majority of the teachers are white and they got no clue about religions. He even got my phone number from my friend and randomly calls me at home threatening me , I'm seriously scared; the guy is unstable.

There is one asian muslim teacher who I spoke to and he said he couldn't do anything as he was best friends with bullies' parents.

The guy is crazy.. one muslim girl in my year used to wear hijab till year 8 and now she no longer wears hijab and wears make-up, short skirts etc, and has become a lesbian and has white girlfriend and the muslim bully punched her because she left the religion and the teachers did nothing.

What shall I do? I feel very alone in this situation. My parents always told me never start fights or never make enemies and I never did this, I got no clue what he wants. He just keeps preaching his religion to everyone everyday and beating up everyone who doesn't listen.

If teachers aren't getting involved then talk to headteachers. If you are being sent threatening phone calls at home, call the police on 101.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Amiit10
Hello guys,

Have the courage to go up to his parents discuss exactly what their son been doing because he sounds like a total psycho he should be representing the Ummah in a positive sense of manner more or less friendly not promote racial hatred yes maybe he’s promoting levels of seriousness through encouraging others to read salah or to cover up to an extent but the way you’ve written it OP sounds as though he’s intimidating as though he has control of the school and place and it’s his when it ain’t.
Original post by Amiit10
Hello guys,

Talk to your parents and let them come to the school to sort this out, have a group meeting with the Muslim boys parents and yours, and if that doesn’t work out then your parents need to make a decision to pull you out of that school or something else. Sorry you’re going through this. ❤️
This school bully is a thuggish little juvenille delinquent and a criminal troublemaker.
Encourage all those that he has beaten up or harassed to file police reports against him.

Do you have any recordings of the threatening calls that he has made to you?
Does the school have cctv in the areas where he attacked or pestered the other students?
Have any of the parents complained?
Original post by LemonPepperTV
Talk to your parents and let them come to the school to sort this out, have a group meeting with the Muslim boys parents and yours, and if that doesn’t work out then your parents need to make a decision to pull you out of that school or something else. Sorry you’re going through this. ❤️

When crimes are involved, the parent notify the school or its lawyers.
Then it is the school or controlling local authority and police that have to sort it out so that the students will be safe on school premises.
Not group meetings or informal agreements between parents.
Although the parents of the victims often choose to remove their child from a school that turns a blind eye to violent thuggery.
Sometimes the bully is removed by their parents to avoid facing criminal charges or expensive litigation to expel by the school.

UK law makes the school responsible for maintaining a safe environment and imposes a duty of care towards students.
Parents are often deemed partially responsible for the criminal conduct of their underaged children and sometimes the school arranges agreements with them to clarify the changes that are required from them & their child.
The worst bullies and disruptive thug students will get relocated to one-to-one teaching, suspended or expelled.
So that the other students are safe and their learning is not disrupted by the criminal activity of the bully.
Wrong thing b
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Amiit10
Hello guys,

The bit about the phone and making threads is key here - even if your teachers don't understand religion, they will 100% deal with threats made over the phone.
Original post by londonmyst
When crimes are involved, the parent notify the school or its lawyers.
Then it is the school or controlling local authority and police that have to sort it out so that the students will be safe on school premises.
Not group meetings or informal agreements between parents.
Although the parents of the victims often choose to remove their child from a school that turns a blind eye to violent thuggery.
Sometimes the bully is removed by their parents to avoid facing criminal charges or expensive litigation to expel by the school.

UK law makes the school responsible for maintaining a safe environment and imposes a duty of care towards students.
Parents are often deemed partially responsible for the criminal conduct of their underaged children and sometimes the school arranges agreements with them to clarify the changes that are required from them
(edited 1 year ago)
Follow that ***** one day and get him from behind my friend 👌🏻
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sorry to hear that you and others are going through this. As a Muslim myself, that guy sounds really delusional - he shouldn't be forcing anyone to do anything and whatever a person chooses to do is their choice because it's their life and everyone has a different connection with God or anything else they may believe in.

It's probably best to ignore that guy as much as possible and try block him on as many platforms possible, your friends should do the same along with other classmates. It is definitely worth complaining to other teachers about it, so that at least they are aware. However, if that guy's taunting and harassment continues and nothing gets done, it's probably best to complain to local authorities e.g. council etc because this form of harassment shouldn't be tolerated by anyone regardless of their identity.

Somehow, I feel as though this guy is doing it for attention, it's ironic because he's basically doing bad deeds whilst preaching?? But I hope your situation gets better for you and others - I also hope that guy reflects on his actions; all religions are wonderful and interesting but it's unfortunate that there are people like that.

Sorry but I think you are exaggerating the issue, if things are like you said 100% go to the police get a microcamera and record proof of what you said . The guy is growing up in a toxic sic environment and is asking for help . Don’t be afraid and start to take self defence classes , karate, judo , whatever you like , they are introspective and meditative, boost your self confidence and you will learn how to deal with bully or other type of matters . London isn’t safe anymore. Plus you will develop a beautiful lean body

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending