The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A100 2023 entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

What's the WP criteria (do you have to attend their summer school) and do WP applicants get a lower cut off score?
Original post by 15KhanH
What's the WP criteria (do you have to attend their summer school) and do WP applicants get a lower cut off score?

Hey, So I've completed their summer school and i'm now eligible for fast track to interview. I don't think they lower any cut off scores - the only thing they do is give you AAB is successful.
Thank you so much! I hope you ace your interview 😁
Original post by 15KhanH
Thank you so much! I hope you ace your interview 😁

Thanks, you too :smile::smile:
Original post by nightingalegend
i think @TCL predicted it to be around 131?

Do you know Lincolns cutoff? I tried to find this year's thread and I don't think there is one made.
Nottingham's website say they score the highest 8 GCSEs and you should have achieved a minimum of a 6 in English Language- I achieved 10 9s and an 8 in English language, so would my GCSE score be 31 or 32? As in do they actually take the english language grade into account, or does it just have to be higher than a 6?
Original post by 15KhanH
Do you know Lincolns cutoff? I tried to find this year's thread and I don't think there is one made.

no idea, sorry :/
Reply 47
Sorry this is question for Lincoln, but no one is active there so I thought I’d ask here.

With the GCSE scoring system, is it any best 8 or do they have to include Maths, Bio, Chem, Eng lang?

Also does anyone have any indication of what Lincoln’s cut off was like year and what it could be this year? I think I saw 120 but I’m not sure
Original post by akaaa
Sorry this is question for Lincoln, but no one is active there so I thought I’d ask here.

With the GCSE scoring system, is it any best 8 or do they have to include Maths, Bio, Chem, Eng lang?

Also does anyone have any indication of what Lincoln’s cut off was like year and what it could be this year? I think I saw 120 but I’m not sure

Definitely Eng Lang & Maths. I think it’s all on Nottingham website
Original post by HopefulHarry
Definitely Eng Lang & Maths. I think it’s all on Nottingham website

hey, my top 8 gcses are 99999888 and ucat of 3110 band 1. I've calculated my score for Notts, which would be 139. Would that be a safe bet?
Do nottingham accept A- level resits ( i got a B in chemistry this year which I am going to resit) ..I think they do?
I'm a bit confused because of their website info..does this mean they will accept if I resit chemistry or not? ( As it says "maximum two year period" isn't that just year 12 and year 13?)

"Your A levels must be studied over a maximum two-year period to demonstrate your ability to manage a full academic workload. A levels that have taken longer than two years to complete are not usually accepted.

We’ll also consider resits for no more than two A levels as long as you:

have completed your A levels in the last 12 months
have already obtained at least ABB with at least one A in biology/human biology or chemistry
must achieve AAA after taking your resits
*IB offer"
Original post by maple26
I'm a bit confused because of their website info..does this mean they will accept if I resit chemistry or not? ( As it says "maximum two year period" isn't that just year 12 and year 13?)

"Your A levels must be studied over a maximum two-year period to demonstrate your ability to manage a full academic workload. A levels that have taken longer than two years to complete are not usually accepted.

We’ll also consider resits for no more than two A levels as long as you:

have completed your A levels in the last 12 months
have already obtained at least ABB with at least one A in biology/human biology or chemistry
must achieve AAA after taking your resits
*IB offer"

Yes - I just emailed them asking too, but just realised what they meant in their cryptic statement

"Your A levels must be studied over a maximum two-year period to demonstrate your ability to manage a full academic workload. A levels that have taken longer than two years to complete are not usually accepted."

This ^^^ part means a levels as in you studied for them for a more than two years, before taking the exam once after more than two years of studying.

The second quote actually addresses resits. I'm going to call them tommorow just to confirm, you should too.
Original post by m1x0n10es
Yes - I just emailed them asking too, but just realised what they meant in their cryptic statement

"Your A levels must be studied over a maximum two-year period to demonstrate your ability to manage a full academic workload. A levels that have taken longer than two years to complete are not usually accepted."

This ^^^ part means a levels as in you studied for them for a more than two years, before taking the exam once after more than two years of studying.

The second quote actually addresses resits. I'm going to call them tommorow just to confirm, you should too.

Yeah the statement is really confusing ! So what you mean is they allow you to take resits but you have to take it the year after not after a two year gap? Sorry I don't really get it . And yeah I'm going to give them a call today evening too, let me know what they say and I'll do the same :smile:
Hi ,
Is a score of 132 a safe bet for Notts . Ucat -2780 , band 1 . First time applicant. Thanks in advance
Original post by maple26
Yeah the statement is really confusing ! So what you mean is they allow you to take resits but you have to take it the year after not after a two year gap? Sorry I don't really get it . And yeah I'm going to give them a call today evening too, let me know what they say and I'll do the same :smile:

Dont Worry - they are referring to the length of time you are preparing for an A level exam. Everyone usually does y12,13, then A levels. That woud be 2 years. But if someone opted to not take them at the end of y13 and study even longer for an extra third year, then they would not accept that.

Its the length of time you are studying for an a level exam.
This would not include resits becuase the 3 total years would be for 2 seperate exams
Dont Worry - they are referring to the length of time you are preparing for an A level exam. Everyone usually does y12,13, then A levels. That woud be 2 years. But if someone opted to not take them at the end of y13 and study even longer for an extra third year, then they would not accept that.

Its the length of time you are studying for an a level exam.
This would not include resits becuase the 3 total years would be for 2 seperate exams

Ahhh I see , so they allow resits they just don’t allow if after year 13 you didn’t take the a level exam and decided to do the year after . But they allow it if u do a levels as normal after year 13 and not get the required grades but then resit then the next year right ? That’s my understanding so far ? Alsoo I’ll call them as well to check later today
Original post by maple26
Ahhh I see , so they allow resits they just don’t allow if after year 13 you didn’t take the a level exam and decided to do the year after . But they allow it if u do a levels as normal after year 13 and not get the required grades but then resit then the next year right ? That’s my understanding so far ? Alsoo I’ll call them as well to check later today

I called today just then - they said my case of resits would be okay - achieving aab this year, resitting A* predicted. When i asked, they also said I would not be disadvantaged for interview shortlisting, and that in the case that I do get an offer the grades required would be AAA
I called today just then - they said my case of resits would be okay - achieving aab this year, resitting A* predicted. When i asked, they also said I would not be disadvantaged for interview shortlisting, and that in the case that I do get an offer the grades required would be AAA

Yeah I just called them now as well and they said literally the same:smile: also for anyone who wants to know I asked them about their interview to offer ratio and they said they couldn't give me specific statistics but it's usually 4:1
I have a score of 126/152, would that be too risky to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending