The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A100 2023 entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

I have 136 pts... reading the above posts it looks like there may be safer options? Especially as I am on a gap year this is vital to me.
Does anyone have any advice as to whether it is risky for me to get an interview with these pts or I'm better off applying elsewhere?
Original post by maple26
I have 136 pts... reading the above posts it looks like there may be safer options? Especially as I am on a gap year this is vital to me.
Does anyone have any advice as to whether it is risky for me to get an interview with these pts or I'm better off applying elsewhere?

I would be happy applying with 136, and I am pretty risk averse!
Hi @Ganfyd
I’m sorry to ask this but your advice is welcomed - I have a dilemma over my forth choice -
I score 132 for Nottingham
UCAT 2780 band 1
What do you think would be my safest application out of the following
Nottingham
Liverpool
Southampton
I’m slightly concerned about the interview to offer rate at Liverpool or so you feel it may return to the more normal rate this year.
I’m about to hand in applications this week and would really appreciate your thoughts.
Location of uni is no object and I like the course structure in each uni.
Many thanks
Original post by maple26

how do u have that when it’s out of 120?
Original post by hjfhhhhhh

I don't think it is out of 120... someone posted the way they score pts earlier in this thread I think , you will probs find it there .
Hi! I’ve got a total of 128 points (non WP) is notts too risky?
Original post by Toto2003
Hi @Ganfyd
I’m sorry to ask this but your advice is welcomed - I have a dilemma over my forth choice -
I score 132 for Nottingham
UCAT 2780 band 1
What do you think would be my safest application out of the following
Nottingham
Liverpool
Southampton
I’m slightly concerned about the interview to offer rate at Liverpool or so you feel it may return to the more normal rate this year.
I’m about to hand in applications this week and would really appreciate your thoughts.
Location of uni is no object and I like the course structure in each uni.
Many thanks

Liverpool is the safest in terms of getting an inteview, but as you say, likely has the worst interview to offer ratio. I think the rate will increase, but Liverpool have always been at the lower end of the med schools for interview to offer
The other 2 are more risky, but I would hope you would interview at both of them

For School leavers, it is out of 152, with GCSEs added on
Is 96 points too low for a grad application?
Original post by GANFYD
For School leavers, it is out of 152, with GCSEs added on

ohhh my bad! my points: 135/152
@GANFYD do you think this is okay to apply (i’m an international candidate)
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham for medicine, my points add up to 129/152, as I got 2500 band 1 on the UCAT. Does anyone know the points cut off for Nottingham and if I have a chance of being offered an interveiw?
Hey guys,

I finished Sixth Form last year, and I'm about to enter my second gap year. I think I have 111/152 points - is this too risky and could someone check this for me? My stats are as follows:

GCSE: 999988887
A-Levels: AAAA* (Bio,Chem,Maths,EPQ respectively)
Gap Years: 2
Contextual: Yes
UCAT: 2590 SJT 2

Thanks a ton :smile:
Original post by Qwerty050122
Is 96 points too low for a grad application?

Think cut off was 98 last year
ohhh my bad! my points: 135/152
@GANFYD do you think this is okay to apply (i’m an international candidate)

I don't know anything abiout internationals, but that is an excellent score and would be fine for a UK applicant
Original post by ayaax9x9
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham for medicine, my points add up to 129/152, as I got 2500 band 1 on the UCAT. Does anyone know the points cut off for Nottingham and if I have a chance of being offered an interveiw?

Original post by dxnixl
Hey guys,

I finished Sixth Form last year, and I'm about to enter my second gap year. I think I have 111/152 points - is this too risky and could someone check this for me? My stats are as follows:

GCSE: 999988887
A-Levels: AAAA* (Bio,Chem,Maths,EPQ respectively)
Gap Years: 2
Contextual: Yes
UCAT: 2590 SJT 2

Thanks a ton :smile:

Cut off was around 127-129 last year, but Nottingham is likely to be affected by the massive grade inflation about this year
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was around 127-129 last year, but Nottingham is likely to be affected by the massive grade inflation about this year

Right thankyou! :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
Think cut off was 98 last year

Would you say its worth applying?
Original post by Qwerty050122
Would you say its worth applying?

Depends how much you like Nottingham, how safe your other options are and how much risk you are prepared to accept.
I would not, if I had other options, but you are not me!
Original post by GANFYD
Depends how much you like Nottingham, how safe your other options are and how much risk you are prepared to accept.
I would not, if I had other options, but you are not me!

Well one of my options is Lincoln as well, I assume you can apply to both, also have sunderland as an option which is a safer option
Hi @GANFYD hopefully this is the last time youll have to offer me advice lol,

I've looked into it and I score 140/152 and I am elligible for a contextual offer, am I right in assuming this would be a safe choice for me and that it would be safer than Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending