The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A100 2023 entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hotchocolate1512
that’s what i’m wanting to know too lol!

Yes, please let me know if there is lol 😆
Original post by Shslini
Hi- where did you find out that the cut off was 127-129 from?

Hi if you go on last year's A100 thread (2022 entry) people were posting their scores and saying whether they'd been invited for interview or rejected. Anyone with less was 129 was rejected, but then quite late in the day, there were a couple of posts that suggested 127 was the cut-off. If you go through the thread, you'll find the info you need. This year it was slightly higher I think - again, go through this year's thread when interviews were coming out and you'll see the score you needed to be invited for interview.
congrats for everyone who got a place 🎊🎊
Reply 1103
what accommodation has everyone chosen ??
hello,
I would just like to ask senior students what they know about scholarships to study medicine at any point from the second year onwards? I know the university website shows scholarship opportunities for the first year but would like to know what scholarship opportunities there are for the remainder of the course.

(is there a merit based scholarship from the second year onwards?)

thanks in advance for your response
Hi,
I got a score of 132/152 for Nottingham uni (32 for GCSE, 100 for UCAT). Would that be a competitive score for interview or is that under this coming year's cutoff?
Thanks
If you go back through the thread you can see 132 was enough for an interview this year.
Reply 1107
Hi
i've got a score of 130 and am non contextual (cut off last year 131?)
Has anyone got any thoughts as to whether the cut off will come down this year? 2023 applicants had TAGs for GCSEs which will be higher than our cohort which sat exams...so wondering if this could lower the GCSE section of the scoring??
Thanks in advance!
It may but I think a large part of the cohort applying for medicine will have great GCSEs, I'm not sure how much TAGs will affect that. I think the number of people getting SJ1 in UCAT is a big factor though (as its very hard to score well without SJ1), so keep your eye out for the interim results - if the % of SJ1s goes up considerably, that might mean more people apply (pushing up the cut off) but if the % of SJ1s is low, then that may bring the cut off down.
Does Nottingham score your top 8 or top 6 GCSEs because it says on the website
"When selecting for interview, we’ll score your highest six GCSE results."
But then in the example they proceed to score 8.
Reply 1110
Original post by user313456
Does Nottingham score your top 8 or top 6 GCSEs because it says on the website
"When selecting for interview, we’ll score your highest six GCSE results."
But then in the example they proceed to score 8.

Top 8 for A100, top 6 for Foundation Course
Hi, was looking at Nottingham’s admission statistics for 2021 and 2022 entry. Does anyone know why the number offers they made dropped so drastically between these two years (from 413 to 157) (with 814 interviews and 664 interviews respectively).If so, would you anticipate that their number of offers will be more like 2021 or 2022 for 2024 entry / did they go up for 2023? Thank you in advance!
Reply 1112
Original post by Angelofthesummer
Hi, was looking at Nottingham’s admission statistics for 2021 and 2022 entry. Does anyone know why the number offers they made dropped so drastically between these two years (from 413 to 157) (with 814 interviews and 664 interviews respectively).If so, would you anticipate that their number of offers will be more like 2021 or 2022 for 2024 entry / did they go up for 2023? Thank you in advance!

Deferred places from the massive CAGs/TAGs debacle.
Med schools were told A level algorithms would ensure grade proportions remained similar during covid and then the govt did a massive u-turn, giving everyone their TAGs. This meant med schools were massively over-subscribed (A/A*s went from about 25% to nearly 50%). Med schools were all allowed a few extra places and paid lots of people to defer to the following year and then the government did something similar with TAGs and many med schools had not allowed for it, so again, were massively oversubscribed. This caused a knock on effect that there were no places left for those applying for 2022 entry as they were all taken by enforced deferrals and those allowed to resit as this was aright with CAGs and TAGs
Original post by GANFYD
Deferred places from the massive CAGs/TAGs debacle.
Med schools were told A level algorithms would ensure grade proportions remained similar during covid and then the govt did a massive u-turn, giving everyone their TAGs. This meant med schools were massively over-subscribed (A/A*s went from about 25% to nearly 50%). Med schools were all allowed a few extra places and paid lots of people to defer to the following year and then the government did something similar with TAGs and many med schools had not allowed for it, so again, were massively oversubscribed. This caused a knock on effect that there were no places left for those applying for 2022 entry as they were all taken by enforced deferrals and those allowed to resit as this was aright with CAGs and TAGs

Ah thank you so much for your explanation - this makes a lot of sense! For 2024 entry then, would it be safe to assume they will be offering more like 2021 rather than 2022, or will this oversubscription still have an impact?
Reply 1114
Original post by Angelofthesummer
Ah thank you so much for your explanation - this makes a lot of sense! For 2024 entry then, would it be safe to assume they will be offering more like 2021 rather than 2022, or will this oversubscription still have an impact?

I am not sure med schools have gone back up to pre-covid offer levels, as they are all tending to run waiting lists, but it will be closer to pre covid than the numbers in 2022
Original post by GANFYD
I am not sure med schools have gone back up to pre-covid offer levels, as they are all tending to run waiting lists, but it will be closer to pre covid than the numbers in 2022

Thank you!
Reply 1116
Sorry tried to use the search function as this may have been asked before but any disadvantage from applying to BOTH Nottingham and Lincoln? Thanks.
Reply 1117
Original post by shimul
Sorry tried to use the search function as this may have been asked before but any disadvantage from applying to BOTH Nottingham and Lincoln? Thanks.

That you only get 1 interview! Though that can be an advantage if it goes well
Hey, anyone know the cut off for graduates? I want to apply for 2024 entry with 94 points.

I remember seeing someone get an interview with 94 points for Notts & Lincoln in this thread.
Reply 1119
I need some help with Interview for Lincoln next week ( same as Nottingham) , can you pls DM me or whatsapp me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending