Cardiff University
Visit website

The Official 2023 Cardiff University Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
GCSE: 98888777765
AS: ABC
Predicted: A*AB
Want to study: Neuroscience (required AAB)
I've sent of my application, do you think I'll get an offer? Also anyone else applying or know anyone in the neuroscience course?
My grandparents live right next to the uni so that's a plus for me, but I'm from London

Your predictions are above the requirements, so it seems there is a good chance.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by rory_73
1) What grades did you get at GCSE?
9 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs

2) What A Levels are you taking from September (or other eligible qualifications)?
English Lit, History, Biology, Welsh Bacc

3) What course at Cardiff University are you applying for?
English Literature and Creative Writing

4) What attracts you to Cardiff University?

I'm from Swansea so I know Cardiff quite well, and it was good for my close to home option, also the course sounded incredible and the lecturers were lovely at the open day.

Good luck!
Received my offer to study Computer Science at Cardiff on Friday!! Predicted grades were A*A*AA, was chuffed to bits to get the offer back so soon as this is one of the unis I want to study at the most. Over the moon and can't wait until next year :smile:
Original post by nobodytoldme
Received my offer to study Computer Science at Cardiff on Friday!! Predicted grades were A*A*AA, was chuffed to bits to get the offer back so soon as this is one of the unis I want to study at the most. Over the moon and can't wait until next year :smile:

Well done! I wish you all the best for your A-Level exams. 🙂
Submitted UCAS nearly 4 weeks ago and am hoping for a response soon!

1) What grades did you get at GCSE? 11A*s, 1A, 1 Distinction
2) What A Levels are you taking from September (or other eligible qualifications)? A Level Maths, Further Maths and Physics
3) What course at Cardiff University are you applying for? MPhys with placement year
4) What attracts you to Cardiff University? Was originally my ‘close to home’ option but visited on open day and fell in love! The atmosphere was lovely and all the staff were amazing and helpful. Definitely my second choice if not first! I really like how they record every single lecture so you can go back and review things that didn’t make sense straight away and play it in 2x speed (:
Applied for Politics and IR on the 16th Oct - nothing yet!

Are they known to be quick or slow!?
Reply 26
Original post by 5hyl33n

THE OFFICIAL 2023

CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
APPLICANT THREAD

25624604-F6AE-41C2-A55D-6146DE574F41.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Icebreaker Questions
1) What grades did you get at GCSE?
2) What A Levels are you taking from September (or other eligible qualifications)?
3) What course at Cardiff University are you applying for?
4) What attracts you to Cardiff University?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Volunteer Note
Please do not use this thread to ask for group chat information or to share any other personal information. The Student Room is a place for young people to connect safely online. Remember, it is a public website and by posting your social media details in this thread, you are allowing everyone looking at the Internet to see your handles etc. Any mentions of this will be removed. Thanks.

has anyone got an offer yet?
Reply 27
Original post by jimmybonds007
Applied for Politics and IR on the 16th Oct - nothing yet!

Are they known to be quick or slow!?

i applied on the 18th. I got an email of recognition and nothing since then
Just got an offer for English Literature and creative writing!! i'm so happy rn !!
hi,

i've applied for business and management with a year in industry at cardiff. i've already got A grades in both Spanish and Business Studies and am predicted an A in English Language (so will have AAA hopefully) - i'm a 'year 14' student!

I applied on 20th october and was wondering how long it might take to hear back from cardiff? also if anyone else has applied for the same course i'd love to hear what a levels you're studying!
Reply 30
Original post by riadevita
hi,

i've applied for business and management with a year in industry at cardiff. i've already got A grades in both Spanish and Business Studies and am predicted an A in English Language (so will have AAA hopefully) - i'm a 'year 14' student!

I applied on 20th october and was wondering how long it might take to hear back from cardiff? also if anyone else has applied for the same course i'd love to hear what a levels you're studying!

hi, i am just another applicant so might not be right but i heard they wait to give offers until they have received all applications. So that would mean giving out offers around march.
Original post by nobodytoldme

How soon after you applied did you hear back? I'm also applying for Computer Science, with similar predicted grades. Also, Cardiff is quite far from where I live so I haven't had the chance to visit - I was wondering if you had and whether you liked it?
Original post by ediem
hi, i am just another applicant so might not be right but i heard they wait to give offers until they have received all applications. So that would mean giving out offers around march.

okay, thank you! i hope i get an offer soon as it's my first choice - good luck to you too!
just got an offer for astrophysics, AAA unless I make them my firm then it's AAB!!
just got an offer for AAB!! absolutely over the moon, good luck to everyone else applying this cycle!

hi,

Reply 35
I just got an offer on UCAS for Cardiff for business management but I haven't received an email from them is this normal?
Reply 36
just got an offer for AAB!! absolutely over the moon, good luck to everyone else applying this cycle!

I also got an offer of AAB for cardiff in business management. My Alevels are business, geography and psychology.
Original post by jb146
I just got an offer on UCAS for Cardiff for business management but I haven't received an email from them is this normal?

I think so, I haven't got an offer from Cardiff yet but I did get one from Liverpool and I didn't get any email from them
Original post by jb146

yeah i haven't received an email from either cardiff or bristol about my offer so don't worry!
Reply 39
Original post by juicygcse
I think so, I haven't got an offer from Cardiff yet but I did get one from Liverpool and I didn't get any email from them

I also applied to Liverpool, how long did it take for the offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending