Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2023 Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm sending over my application for Biomedical Science on Friday :smile:

Good luck with your application!

- Laura (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Has anyone received the joining instructions/more info regarding next weeks interview for physics at Lancaster

Has anyone received instructions for physics interview next week yet?

Hi!

I haven't personally done physics so I don't have more details of the interview process, but another one of our ambassadors has said this in an above post:

Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
The interview day is made up of a few components. You'll have a 1-2-1 interview with one of our lecturers. They'll usually ask a few questions to get to know you and will then ask you to work through a few physics problems. There is usually also a taster talk, a demonstration, and tours around the department. In the breaks and over lunch there are usually plenty of student ambassadors and lecturers around to talk to and to ask any questions that you may have.

I hope this helps a bit with some of the information you are looking for. If there is other info that you haven't received yet, an email should be coming soon with this. If you are worried you could always get in contact with admissions ([email protected]) or specifically physics admissions ([email protected]) and they should be able to help you further.

Good luck with your interviews!

-Laura (lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by Dragon264
Physics and it is their interview day.

Hi @Dragon264

The online event will be an interview only however, you will be given the opportunity to attend a digital offer holder event where we will show you around the department, give you a taster and also let you speak to students.

Hope that helps!

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Got an offer for Law last week so pleased :smile:

Congratulations!

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions about student life at Lancaster.

- Tineke
Has anyone received the joining instructions/more info regarding next weeks interview for physics at Lancaster

Hi,

If you haven't received anything as yet I'd recommend emailing [email protected] to check with them.

- Tineke
I'm sending over my application for Biomedical Science on Friday :smile:

Best of luck!

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions regarding student life at Lancaster.

- Tineke
Original post by majesticlamp
got an offer for psych BA! :h:

Congratulations!

- Tineke
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,

If you haven't received anything as yet I'd recommend emailing [email protected] to check with them.

- Tineke

My daughter applied to BSc Hons: Theoretical Physics with Mathematics on 11th Oct. She hasn't received anything yet. She is an international student. would they respond to the international students later or we should assume that they are not considering her application? Thanks.
My daughter applied to BSc Hons: Theoretical Physics with Mathematics on 11th Oct. She hasn't received anything yet. She is an international student. would they respond to the international students later or we should assume that they are not considering her application? Thanks.

Hi :smile: my daughter is a UK student and she applied early October 2019 for particle physics and did not hear anything for about 5 weeks. Id say if you have not heard anything by end of this week then contact [email protected] . They will consider all applications. It might just be that they collate so many applications in batches and release an X amount for interviews, then some more later on, then some more later after that.
I know they take in around 200 physics students a year. Thats collectively over all disciplines.
Original post by Ghostlady
Hi :smile: my daughter is a UK student and she applied early October 2019 for particle physics and did not hear anything for about 5 weeks. Id say if you have not heard anything by end of this week then contact [email protected] . They will consider all applications. It might just be that they collate so many applications in batches and release an X amount for interviews, then some more later on, then some more later after that.
I know they take in around 200 physics students a year. Thats collectively over all disciplines.

Thank you so much. I will ask her to contact Physics admission if she doesn’t hear anything from them by the end of this week.
Reply 90
How soon after the Physics interviews can we expect a possible offer?
Original post by Ezbe55
How soon after the Physics interviews can we expect a possible offer?

Depends on the person interviewing and the department. Daughter knew that day and was confirmed the day after on email. Some knew a few days after that. Yorks pretty similar as well. She got told she had an offer 4 days from them.
Depends on the person interviewing and the department. Daughter knew that day and was confirmed the day after on email. Some knew a few days after that. Yorks pretty similar as well. She got told she had an offer 4 days from them.

What course was she interviewed for?
What course was she interviewed for?

Physics particle physics and cosmology. During interview day (nov 2019 session) theres was about 30-40 students and they was for all disciplines.
Physics particle physics and cosmology. During interview day (nov 2019 session) theres was about 30-40 students and they was for all disciplines.

Did you get an unconditional or conditional offer? Did everyone get an offer after attending?
Did you get an unconditional or conditional offer? Did everyone get an offer after attending?

She got an unconditional. Not sure on the others as everyone went separate ways after the interview day.But have learned from previous threads they got offers soon after. I will say though it was 2019, and after the covid period the unis started to reign in on unconditionals but I have still seen some being given out on subsequent years threads, so you never know. :smile: If you have an interview then you have done great so far :biggrin: best of luck :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 96
That is very quick @Ghostlady wasn’t expecting same day possibilities. Though I’m not sure unconditional offers are going to be on offer this year, but you never know.
Not everyone is being asked to interview for physics this year.. so I presume the ones being asked to go aren’t guaranteed an offer? 🤔
Original post by Ezbe55
That is very quick @Ghostlady wasn’t expecting same day possibilities. Though I’m not sure unconditional offers are going to be on offer this year, but you never know.

I know :frown: thats the sad thing about it. Ive always thought unconditionals were good thing, especially if you want to go to that particular uni. Im interested to see how this years cohort get on with unconditionals. Its too early to say at the moment.
And yes it was strange being told on the day. Interviewer said afer the interview he would recommend an unconditional to the board, but if they said no, definitely an offer. Following day it came in email confirming. Some of the people on the threads came through a few days after interview day, so will be interesting to see how it goes this year. Do you have an interview? And what other unis have you chosen?
My youngest has just sent off her application today for zoology at Lancaster for 2023 so will see how that goes :smile:
Not everyone is being asked to interview for physics this year.. so I presume the ones being asked to go aren’t guaranteed an offer? 🤔

As far from the interview cohort from 2019, both Lancasters and Yorks interviews were considered a positive thing. From the applicants we spoke to on both sessions (as there was a bit of waiting around so lots of coffee and speaking to other parents and students) they were high grade students. Whats your predicted? And what other unis have you picked?
(edited 1 year ago)
just got an offer for english language and linguistics !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending