The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

University of East Anglia (UEA) A104 - Medicine with Gateway Year - 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by jok1122
can you add me as well please ?

yhh sure j send me your snap or insta (instas a freshers one btw and snaps medics)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 461
Original post by anayahhh
yhh sure j send me your snap or insta (instas a freshers one btw and snaps medics)

I can’t send a private message yet 😅
Reply 462
Original post by anayahhh
There’s one on insta and two on snap, I can add her if you want!

hiya could you add me too please! x
:frown:Original post by anayahhh)yhh sure j send me your snap or insta (instas a freshers one btw and snaps medics)

ig: adamdodders

snap: adamdodda3

could you add to either please! :smile:
Reply 464
Original post by adamdodda3
:frown:Original post by anayahhh)yhh sure j send me your snap or insta (instas a freshers one btw and snaps medics)

ig: adamdodders

snap: adamdodda3

could you add to either please! :smile:

I’ve just added your snap , I’ll add you to the gc when you add me back
is there a a104 one only? is so pls lmk I'm in insta and snap general med one
Reply 466
Original post by .765346777543
is there a a104 one only? is so pls lmk I'm in insta and snap general med one

We have one called gateway girlies that’s litro just girls doing gateway ?
Original post by Darciecxo
We have one called gateway girlies that’s litro just girls doing gateway ?

oh I'm not a girl lol. if you do a general one for gateway lmk otherwise I probably shouldn't join that 😂
Reply 468
Original post by .765346777543
oh I'm not a girl lol. if you do a general one for gateway lmk otherwise I probably shouldn't join that 😂

Oh dear , we could defo start one ?
Oh dear , we could defo start one ?

yeah sure, my snap is
harvey_8251
Reply 470
now that you guys have got your firm/insurance i thought i would once again offer if anyone has any questions about a104 at uea or just uea in general then i’m happy to answer any! just finished my gateway year a week ago so i should be good to answer any :smile:
Original post by Madsfr
now that you guys have got your firm/insurance i thought i would once again offer if anyone has any questions about a104 at uea or just uea in general then i’m happy to answer any! just finished my gateway year a week ago so i should be good to answer any :smile:

omgg congrats! how did you find your gateway year relative to a levels and previous study, was it easier, harder? could you give some info in terms of the workload and what parts you enjoyed about it? I am hoping to start in september , if you have any advice about uea in general or the gateway year pls lmkkk :smile: well done for finishing a year!
Reply 472
Original post by Anonymous
omgg congrats! how did you find your gateway year relative to a levels and previous study, was it easier, harder? could you give some info in terms of the workload and what parts you enjoyed about it? I am hoping to start in september , if you have any advice about uea in general or the gateway year pls lmkkk :smile: well done for finishing a year!

thank you so much, i appreciate it! I apologise this may be a lengthy reply haha
so you have 5 main modules which you are examined on: introductory biology (semester 1), psychosocial aspects of health (semester 1), introduction to issues in health care (semester 1 + 2), further biology (semester 2) and introduction to clinical medicine (semester 2). don't worry they're not as scary as they sound! personally, i found all the modules, other than introduction to issues in healthcare, to be quite a bit easier than a levels. introduction to issues in healthcare is definitely the most difficult of the bunch imo however definitely do-able and really interesting as it is a lot of anatomy and more medicine related stuff than the other modules. in semester 1 our timetable was super relaxed so you have plenty of time to be a normal uni student and go out, join societies etc etc. semester 2 was also pretty relaxed tbh. i would advise, and we all will advise you again in september to simply keep on top of your work and you will have a really easy year imo! if you have any more questions about the modules then i'm happy to answer but don't worry about them too much :smile: (also i know it is definitely changing a little for you next year but i don't know what is changing so just be aware it may not be exactly like this)

in terms of what i enjoyed i would have to say our secondary placement (which i hope you guys also get), many of us got to see surgeries and stuff and it was really fun. also just the fact that it is a year where you can make friends, get used to the university environment and learn how to study. we see so many first years struggle because of the new environment and the students who do gateway seem to thrive in first year.

finally i would just say get stuck in with university, join a society even if you've never done the sport, go on nights out (we have the on campus club which is fun and safe) whether you drink or not as it will really help you make friends and make an effort with your fellow gateway students from the start as you need to stick together, they're your family for the year :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Madsfr
thank you so much, i appreciate it! I apologise this may be a lengthy reply haha
so you have 5 main modules which you are examined on: introductory biology (semester 1), psychosocial aspects of health (semester 1), introduction to issues in health care (semester 1 + 2), further biology (semester 2) and introduction to clinical medicine (semester 2). don't worry they're not as scary as they sound! personally, i found all the modules, other than introduction to issues in healthcare, to be quite a bit easier than a levels. introduction to issues in healthcare is definitely the most difficult of the bunch imo however definitely do-able and really interesting as it is a lot of anatomy and more medicine related stuff than the other modules. in semester 1 our timetable was super relaxed so you have plenty of time to be a normal uni student and go out, join societies etc etc. semester 2 was also pretty relaxed tbh. i would advise, and we all will advise you again in september to simply keep on top of your work and you will have a really easy year imo! if you have any more questions about the modules then i'm happy to answer but don't worry about them too much :smile: (also i know it is definitely changing a little for you next year but i don't know what is changing so just be aware it may not be exactly like this)

in terms of what i enjoyed i would have to say our secondary placement (which i hope you guys also get), many of us got to see surgeries and stuff and it was really fun. also just the fact that it is a year where you can make friends, get used to the university environment and learn how to study. we see so many first years struggle because of the new environment and the students who do gateway seem to thrive in first year.

finally i would just say get stuck in with university, join a society even if you've never done the sport, go on nights out (we have the on campus club which is fun and safe) whether you drink or not as it will really help you make friends and make an effort with your fellow gateway students from the start as you need to stick together, they're your family for the year :smile:

tysm for this :smile:) can I ask how you took notes or what equipment you used like ipads or laptops??
Reply 474
Original post by Anonymous
tysm for this :smile:) can I ask how you took notes or what equipment you used like ipads or laptops??

i personally used a laptop and that was all i needed, most others also used laptops or ipads :smile:
Original post by Madsfr

How many people are in the cohort and how long are the placements that you did?
Reply 476
Original post by Wifhejfg163
How many people are in the cohort and how long are the placements that you did?

cohorts are very small - mine was around 40. placements were also very short as technically the gateway year isn’t a clinical year. this year we had around 7 days of actual placement, 4 days training and 3 days of clinical skills. again this could change next year, we’re not told about your year unfortunately!
Reply 477
I’m staying at crown place in the city as I wanted a studio but I heard Barton and hickling on campus is nice

Hi,
im staying at crown place too, add my Instagram ax.anna
I'm in hickling
Hey guys if anyone is applying in 2023, or has an interview coming up- I am happy to answer any questions I applied here, interviewed here, and got an offer here (though I didn't take it).

Any questions on here, or more rapidly on instagram (@adamdodders)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending