The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

University of East Anglia (UEA) A104 - Medicine with Gateway Year - 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

i understand this question might break a bit of the rules but idk how else to phrase it.
why did u choose east anglia for medicine like whats special about it?

Original post by Madsfr
hi all! i’m currently in ueas gateway year med and i would be happy to answer any questions about the course/medicine/uni that you have. obviously nothing about interview questions because of nda :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Madsfr
hi all! i’m currently in ueas gateway year med and i would be happy to answer any questions about the course/medicine/uni that you have. obviously nothing about interview questions because of nda :smile:

yes! I wanted to ask, what's the average score from interviews (if they tell you) as I know 2900 is a strong ucat for the ucat points, so I want to see the type of score I need to be working towards for an offer. (B2 in sjt as i know that adds to the interview score)
How do the placements work for the foundation year please?

Where would you recommend for student halls?

How much time do you spend on the main campus and how much time are you in the med school near the hospital ?

Thank You
Original post by Madsfr
unfortunately you do not get to find out your interview score however, in my year and the years previous, offers are made on the basis of 50% interview score and 50% ucat. 2900 is super super strong for gateway year as the majority of people i believe get around 2400 (you can check the official stats as they are floating about in a whatdotheyknow somewhere)

thanks, and so does this mean that they are more lenient with offers if i get a lower interview score as my ucat could bump up my total score? sorry for asking so much haha
Original post by Madsfr
i do wish we had more placement however this year we get 3 weeks including training (however this can change year on year as i believe this year we are getting slightly more than the last (i could be wrong so don’t hold me to that haha but it can definetly change year on year)) - our placements this year are hca and gp i believe.
as for halls, that depends on your preference, village is cheaper and has much nicer kitchens however its a lot quieter socially. ensuite campus (my campus) is really social and the bedrooms are pretty big but the kitchens are bad icl. then ziggs, it isn’t ensuite like village and ensuite campus but it is much cheaper and like ensuite campus, very social! its important to note, no matter which accomm you choose, you will ALWAYS share a flat with only fellow healthcare students (ie other gateway students, med, nursing, opd, etc etc).
lastly, we only really do pbl in the med building and the our other lectures/seminars are in the buildings nearby, this is the same for 5 year med too

Thank you
Those with interviews what are your ucat scores pls ??
Original post by ash767
Those with interviews what are your ucat scores pls ??

2520 b2
Original post by .765346777543
for reference to you too, with 2900 band 2 I was invited to the 26th, not 27th. idk if this has any affect but ik your trying to see which scores got interviews so just added this.

Thanks
Reply 68
Just got an interview on 07/12/2022 at 18:00 For 27th January!
Original post by Ibs04
Just got an interview on 07/12/2022 at 18:00 For 27th January!

Me too!
Reply 70
Original post by loisgbolaru
Me too!

Yaaaay!! Congrats :smile:
Reply 71
Just got an interview 😆. I thought I was rejected since it's been a while since interview invitation first popped up. So just a reminder if you haven't heard back yet it's not the end of the world ( from personal experience of 😂)
Reply 72
Original post by Lady F
Just got an interview 😆. I thought I was rejected since it's been a while since interview invitation first popped up. So just a reminder if you haven't heard back yet it's not the end of the world ( from personal experience of 😂)

It's for the 27th of January. I have a UCAT score of 2590 B3.
Did anyone with an interview have a ucat score of around 2320
Original post by astarsweat
Did anyone with an interview have a ucat score of around 2320

i had 2400 and got an interview for jan 27!!!
Original post by Elsheike
i had 2400 and got an interview for jan 27!!!

Congrats I guess I just got to wait then
hey everyone, I have now recieved the interview confirmation email 4 times, all at 6pm each day for the last 4 days. is anyone else experiencing this or is my account potentially bugged or something 😅
(edited 1 year ago)
hey everyone, I have now recieved the interview confirmation email 4 times, all at 6pm each day for the last 4 days. is anyone else experiencing this or is my account potentially bugged or something 😅

Same here. At bang on 6pm

nope i got the same i think its a bug from their side

thought it was just me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending