The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Opportunity Scholarship

Does anyone know if (or when) they will contact you to say you have (or don't) have the opportunity scholarship with Loughborough? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if (or when) they will contact you to say you have (or don't) have the opportunity scholarship with Loughborough? :smile:

Too embarrassed to ask them directly I see 😂😂😜don’t worry bro, I took the shot on this one. Asked about roughly a week ago as I didn’t want to be notified via letter (only email). They said we should be notified in a few weeks time (this month)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Out of curiosity, what subject are you studying?
Ahh thank you sm! I’m doing psychology :smile: wbu
Original post by lunathefighter
Ahh thank you sm! I’m doing psychology :smile: wbu

No worries :smile: I’m doing Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management. Just can’t wait to get stuck in to be honest.
No worries :smile: I’m doing Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management. Just can’t wait to get stuck in to be honest.

Oh that sounds quite interesting - same lol i cant wait to move in :P
Oh that sounds quite interesting - same lol i cant wait to move in :P

I just saw someone ask when will we know and apparently it will be this week, according to a Loughborough Rep. If you have been chosen you will be emailed, if you haven’t heard from anyone via email you haven’t been chosen.

Have you gotten an email by any chance?? 👀
I just saw someone ask when will we know and apparently it will be this week, according to a Loughborough Rep. If you have been chosen you will be emailed, if you haven’t heard from anyone via email you haven’t been chosen.

Have you gotten an email by any chance?? 👀

i haven’t been emailed yet :frown:

Same 😂 Honestly the anticipation is killing me 😭

Either way, if I do get one, I’ll let you now. I hope to see you bag that email too, I’m rooting for you!

I’ve been emailed, I successfully got one!!!!

How did it go for you, please tell me you got an email?
Ahh i got an email but i didn’t end up getting it lol :/ must be for the best
(edited 1 year ago)
Ahh i got an email but i didn’t end up getting it lol :/ must be for the best

Hey…sorry to hear that, bloody sucks but it is what it is. To be fair, I didn’t even expect to get any email about getting into the scholarship successfully. Being emailed on a Monday was totally unexpected as they did say if we didn’t hear from them that week we didn’t get it.

Anyway, if you ever wanna have a drink over it, lemme know and I’ll PM you.

I’m located in Elvyn Richards btw, just came in today. So far so good, lol. Everyone here seems to be a little introverted. Only met one guy so far.
Hey…sorry to hear that, bloody sucks but it is what it is. To be fair, I didn’t even expect to get any email about getting into the scholarship successfully. Being emailed on a Monday was totally unexpected as they did say if we didn’t hear from them that week we didn’t get it.

Anyway, if you ever wanna have a drink over it, lemme know and I’ll PM you.

I’m located in Elvyn Richards btw, just came in today. So far so good, lol. Everyone here seems to be a little introverted. Only met one guy so far.

Yeah - I moved into an accom with the student beehive instead of a campus one on Saturday - everyone here is kinda introverted as well lol - might take you up on that drink tbh :smile:
Reply 13
I’ve been emailed, I successfully got one!!!!

How did it go for you, please tell me you got an email?

Hi! I am applying this year for the scholarship, I wanted to ask what kind of things you included in your application specifically? Like were you an extremely overachieving student or was it just normal things like getting good grades etc
Original post by lasante7
Hi! I am applying this year for the scholarship, I wanted to ask what kind of things you included in your application specifically? Like were you an extremely overachieving student or was it just normal things like getting good grades etc

Hi @lasante7,

Great to hear from you! Here is a link to the Opportunity Scholarship webpage from our undergraduate website. There is an email on this page which will allow you to speak to the staff who should be able to help you with your query. You can use it to ask any questions if you'd like! Hope that helps :smile:

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending