The Student Room Group

Home fees

I’m from Brazil, but I moved to Scotland in January 2020, so I have the pre settled status.
I was in Scotland until January 2022 and then I was traveling for 6 months. I came back in June and I intend to apply for uni starting August 2023.
My question is: would I qualify for home fees considering that there was a gap of 6 months in my 3 years residency period?
Original post by leticia Martins
I’m from Brazil, but I moved to Scotland in January 2020, so I have the pre settled status.
I was in Scotland until January 2022 and then I was traveling for 6 months. I came back in June and I intend to apply for uni starting August 2023.
My question is: would I qualify for home fees considering that there was a gap of 6 months in my 3 years residency period?

The rules are really complicated. For example, the UK Council for International Student Affairs points out here that whilst "Temporary absences from the residence area can be ignored when deciding if you have been ordinarily resident in an area for a specific length of time", "there is no set period of time which counts as 'temporary'".

I've moved this thread to the "SAAS - Student Award Agency for Scotland" forum for you - as this is where you'll find the experts.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending