The Student Room Group

What do you think of these choices?

I'm thinking of putting these Unis down for my final 5, would anyone here highly recommend taking any of these Unis off?

Thanks for your help!

(in order)

1. Gloucestershire Uni - Digital Film Production
2. York St. John - Film and TV Production
3. Arts Institute and Bournemouth - Film Production
4. Staffordshire Uni - Film Production Technology
5. University of the Creative Arts; Farnham - Film Production
Good, except for one thing. Vary your course choices a bit. Put a different course in, just in case.
Bit of a longshot, but I don't know you, do I?
Reply 3
haha, you alright nyika?

and thanks for your help Liquidus Zeromus, do you think something like TV Production would be different enough, or do you mean something completely different?
Hehe, thought so, I'm alright, you?

Anyhoo, my friend's doing those courses, afaik TV production is fairly similar and if you didn't like it you could move courses.
Reply 5
Liquidus Zeromus
Good, except for one thing. Vary your course choices a bit. Put a different course in, just in case.

If someone wants to study a particular subject at university, why should they apply for one course which is different to what they want to study? That's ridiculous.
Reply 6
unclecrispin
I'm thinking of putting these Unis down for my final 5, would anyone here highly recommend taking any of these Unis off?

Thanks for your help!

(in order)

1. Gloucestershire Uni - Digital Film Production
2. York St. John - Film and TV Production
3. Arts Institute and Bournemouth - Film Production
4. Staffordshire Uni - Film Production Technology
5. University of the Creative Arts; Farnham - Film Production

If you like each university (have visited and all), and like the courses at each, then go for it.
For the subject you're selecting, reputation more often that not doesn't factor in (it's not like Economics or Law where your University would make much difference to your career), so it should be done to you liking the places. We can't really say that for you.
Just had a thought, my mate Andrew's applying to similar courses and sent some example work to the universities he applied to, which gives them more of a basis to give you an offer.
Reply 9
cool, your comments have been really useful, ill stick with the unis i have then, as all the courses look good.

i think most of the unis have to have interviews anyway, so not much point sending example stuff in anyway as ill have to make a showrell of what ive made.

thanks again for all the help
I don't see the point in putting in another course, just in case - if the OP is happy with their choices then that's fine :smile: it makes it easier to write a personal statement too.

Latest

Trending

Trending