The Student Room Group

Consulting grad schemes 2023 thread

Scroll to see replies

Hiya, is this by any chance in relation to OW's email request for that contextual survey? Anyone heard anything from OW yet?As for how they use it, I would be surprised if they let information disadvantage people, I think it is more to highlight the context of an achievement for students from a disadvantaged socio-economic background.
Hey all,

Just to update everyone on app process, McKinsey first round interview invites have been sent out on Friday.
Original post by TheEpsilion98
Hey all,

Just to update everyone on app process, McKinsey first round interview invites have been sent out on Friday.

oh :frown: thank you for the update!
Do McKinsey reply if you get rejected?
Original post by rand0m182
Do McKinsey reply if you get rejected?

To the best of my knowledge you will get that rejection email on the 1st November
Hey all,

I am so unsurprised i didn't get an interview LOL that Solve game was absolutely dreadful. I hate hate hate 'game' assessments..

Still in the Game for LEK, Bain, Jacobs, OC&C and FTI (i think that's all the consultancies I've applied for
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by alexgmt
I am so unsurprised i didn't get an interview LOL that Solve game was absolutely dreadful. I hate hate hate 'game' assessments..

Still in the Game for LEK, Bain, Jacobs, OC&C and FTI (i think that's all the consultancies I've applied for

Literally same. That game was torture - the minute I finished, I made peace with the fact I was unlikely to be progressed lmao. Have you only applied to consultancies, out of curiosity?
Original post by gradgirl123
Literally same. That game was torture - the minute I finished, I made peace with the fact I was unlikely to be progressed lmao. Have you only applied to consultancies, out of curiosity?

nah, mostly tech stuff elsewhere. I already have an offer from KPMG but I don't have any idea of the pay yet (and think it will be poor). I've kinda just applied to everything I'm broadly interested in - Data Consultancy, MC, Economics, Analytics, Public Sector stuff. I don't really care where I work as long as exit opportunities, training and comp are good.

Had 2 AC's so far - Newton and KPMG. Newton's process is absolutely gruelling and I got rejected halfway through the ac lol...
Original post by alexgmt
nah, mostly tech stuff elsewhere. I already have an offer from KPMG but I don't have any idea of the pay yet (and think it will be poor). I've kinda just applied to everything I'm broadly interested in - Data Consultancy, MC, Economics, Analytics, Public Sector stuff. I don't really care where I work as long as exit opportunities, training and comp are good.

Had 2 AC's so far - Newton and KPMG. Newton's process is absolutely gruelling and I got rejected halfway through the ac lol...

KPMG £30k (consulting) other arms probably a bit less
Original post by alexgmt

Congrats on your KPMG offer! And thank you for sharing. I've just been applying to consultancy and analytical roles.

The Information Lab is taking applications for Graduate Data Consulting Analyst with a Feb 2023 start date. They are based in Central London, £35k which goes up to £40k in your second year. I've been contacted about it at least 2 times, so they are definitely keen to hire it seems. I'm not sure if you've already graduated and that start date will work for you, but if so it might be worth a look! :smile:
Original post by bbyturtlexox
KPMG £30k (consulting) other arms probably a bit less

yeah this was my fear, I don't think this is really enough for Canary Wharf. I have a pretty strong CV though - so hopefully I'll get some other offers and can negotiate a bit lol!

Original post by gradgirl123
Congrats on your KPMG offer! And thank you for sharing. I've just been applying to consultancy and analytical roles.

The Information Lab is taking applications for Graduate Data Consulting Analyst with a Feb 2023 start date. They are based in Central London, £35k which goes up to £40k in your second year. I've been contacted about it at least 2 times, so they are definitely keen to hire it seems. I'm not sure if you've already graduated and that start date will work for you, but if so it might be worth a look! :smile:

I am still in uni unfortunately:frown: thank you though!!
Reply 31
Could you maybe give a summary of the Newton AC? Maybe like the cases/ FIT Qs etc... having mine end of the month
Original post by ic2001
Could you maybe give a summary of the Newton AC? Maybe like the cases/ FIT Qs etc... having mine end of the month

If you go on glassdoor someone has already written an extensive and very useful summary under the interviews section.
Original post by ishaangupta
Anyone heard anything post VI for commercial banking? Graduate role that is.

Is that for consulting??
Original post by rand0m182
Is that for consulting??

Sorry mate put it in the wrong group!! so retracted!!
BCG quantitive maths test has been sent out
BCG quantitive maths test has been sent out

to everyone?
Original post by alexgmt
to everyone?

No idea if it is for everyone, me and my friend have received invites at the same time.
No idea if it is for everyone, me and my friend have received invites at the same time.

ah rip guess that’s bcg gone too haha, fingers crossed for bain tomorrow
Reply 39
Roughly when did you submit your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending