The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton 2023 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimmybonds007
what was the date of your UCAS welcome email out of interest?

the 12th of October!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by elllllllieeeee
the 12th of October!

I'm the 19th so will be waiting a while longer. Let me know when you hear :smile:
My daughter got an offer for Psychology yesterday. She had applied on the 17th of October.
Hijacking this thread a little as I actually graduated from Southampton last year, but just wanted to say how envious I am of you all.

I studied Maths from 2015 till September last year and had THE best time imaginable. The city, the course/department and University are amazing. I had a number of health issues that caused me to have to retake the year twice and take time out - everyone was so supportive and the University even gave me money from a discretionary hardship fund to get me back on my feet.
Hey,
I applied for medicine and biomedical science.
Got an unconditional offer for biomed yesterday, I have achieved grades of aaa.
Hopefully I’ll get an interview for med and get an offer.
Currently working at Southampton general hospital too
I applying for Mechanical Engineering with a Year in Industry, currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Haven't received an offer yet, but I'm not sure how long engineering would take? I sent it in on the 14th
i have applied for med here i know its super early but has anyone received a med offer for 2023
Original post by amxliaa_c
i have applied for med here i know its super early but has anyone received a med offer for 2023

Interviews don’t start till January. Universities don’t even know our ucat score yet
Course applying for: Computer science BSc
Subjects taking + predicted grades: Maths (A*), Further maths (A*), Economics (A*), History (A*), EPQ (achieved A*)
Just had offer for Politics and IR. Application was received on 16th Oct.
My son applied for Electronic engineering on 12th October and received an offer on 2nd November.
(edited 1 year ago)
Have you got an offer yet?
same here!!!! Got an offer yesterday for politics and ir and I applied the 16th of oct!!!
Original post by jimmybonds007
Just had offer for Politics and IR. Application was received on 16th Oct.
Hello, I am applying for Occupational Therapy as an International student, just wondering if ABBB is good enough for the course? As I have been told Southampton is very different to get in! :frown:
I had the same question with the same grades! I posted the same question before lol but it is hard to tell, but still worth going!
Hope we can both get the offers :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I am applying for Occupational Therapy as an International student, just wondering if ABBB is good enough for the course? As I have been told Southampton is very different to get in! :frown:
Original post by amxliaa_c

Hi, it’s too early for offers for med. Southampton haven’t yet invited people for interview.

you may find it helpful to follow the official med school course thread so you can see what others who have applied are doing.

The index is on page one of this thread. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247513
Reply 36
hi guys,
I've been given an interview for cardiac physiology. They received my application on Wednesday 2nd of November.
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Dorisssss
I had the same question with the same grades! I posted the same question before lol but it is hard to tell, but still worth going!
Hope we can both get the offers :smile:

Hi both,

Unfortunatley it's really difficult to say what will and won't be accepted - the best thing to recomend is applying for 1-2 courses above your recomended grades, 2-3 within your grade range and 1-2 below your grades as an insurance choice.

I wish you both the best of luck with your applications - please let me know if you have any questions about occupational therapy or University of Southampton :smile:

Katie
2nd year MSc Occupational Therapy student
University of Southampton student rep
hi me too i am honored
Hi, I was wondering how the student accommodation situation is in Southampton after first year. Watching students struggle to get housing in Durham in the news recently will really put people off applying so was wondering how Southampton compares. Also what is the going rate for renting after first year? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending