The Student Room Group

Bristol Vs Bath for investment banking?

Also which has the better economics course
Bristol and Bath are both great universities for economics. The league tables will debate which is better and don't seem to come to a solid conclusion, but both universities are ranked very highly both generally and for economics, so you will get a good quality education either way. Both universities have excellent graduate prospects too, so really there's a few points to consider.

1) Where can you most see yourself living? Bath and Bristol are just a 10 minute train journey apart so you could easily go to either city from the other, so you just have to decide where you'd prefer to live. Bath is a much smaller city than Bristol. It's quieter, which can be both good and bad - we have lots of nice walks, gardens, architecture to look at, it can be very peaceful, but we do have less nightlife than Bristol. We do have bars and clubs, and you can always take the train to Bristol if you want that kind of night out, but if you'd prefer to live in a busier place then Bristol might be more suitable.

2) Do you want to do a placement? While Bristol has a placements program which I'm sure can facilitate applications for amazing placements, Bath is among the top few universities in the UK for placements. Most of our students do a placement year, and each department has a placement team to help find placements you can apply for and help prepare your CV and interview skills to help you secure one. So if you are interested in the idea of doing a placement, Bath is a really good place to do that.

There's not really a bad choice here. Unfortunately I can't speak from experience about the quality of the 2 economics degrees, but I'm sure you would be very successful at either university.

Let me know if you have any more questions
Isobel (2nd year maths)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending