The Student Room Group

Kubrick delay?

Hi anyone else gotten info kubrick for one if their schemes and not been able to start yet due to delays?! What are you guys doing?
I am on the waiting list to start for FDM which has a similar business model to Kubrick.

I still haven't got a start date. I wish they engaged more instead of just telling us to wait. Like how long do we need to wait a year or two?

I'm probs gonna start applying for graudate schemes again in a week or two.

Btw when did you pass your assesment center?
I passed in January, just annoying missed a cycle of applications.
Reply 3
Original post by sami1815
I passed in January, just annoying missed a cycle of applications.

Same situation here. Got an offer from Kubrick last October and signed a contract with them. Was supposed to start in June 2023 but the start date keeps delaying until now - don't even know if we will be able to start this year.
Original post by timcyc60
Same situation here. Got an offer from Kubrick last October and signed a contract with them. Was supposed to start in June 2023 but the start date keeps delaying until now - don't even know if we will be able to start this year.

Exact same they told me q3 so june-september start date. What are you doing at the moment? Are you planning on waiting for Kubrick? I am quite lost
Reply 5
Exact same they told me q3 so june-september start date. What are you doing at the moment? Are you planning on waiting for Kubrick? I am quite lost

First they told me the start date would be in July, then Q3, and it's 'within this year or early next year'. I foolishly trusted them and was expecting to start somewhere around September. Obviously I have missed all other 2023 graduate scheme applications. Now I am just doing random part-time jobs while beginning to apply for 2024 graduate schemes. If I can start with Kubrick, let's say in January, that would be great but honestly I have zero faith in them. Which programme are you on?
Original post by timcyc60
First they told me the start date would be in July, then Q3, and it's 'within this year or early next year'. I foolishly trusted them and was expecting to start somewhere around September. Obviously I have missed all other 2023 graduate scheme applications. Now I am just doing random part-time jobs while beginning to apply for 2024 graduate schemes. If I can start with Kubrick, let's say in January, that would be great but honestly I have zero faith in them. Which programme are you on?

Yeah I feel misled, I am hoping they start us in January too but I doubt it, honestly feel so unlucky I have friends at Kubrick who joined last year and they're doing fine and going to be retained by their clients, we got so unlucky. I am on the data management stream, you?
Reply 7
Yeah I feel misled, I am hoping they start us in January too but I doubt it, honestly feel so unlucky I have friends at Kubrick who joined last year and they're doing fine and going to be retained by their clients, we got so unlucky. I am on the data management stream, you?

Same, Data Management. It’s been extremely frustrating that we are just told to wait indefinitely. All my friends from uni have now found a stable job whilst I’m still waiting for a job that may not even exist… Sami, is that okay that you dm me? I just want to know how many people like us are affected and see what we can do.
Reply 8
No one should be applying for these schemes. They pay poorly, lock you into unfavourable contracts, and chances are in this economy you'll end up sitting on the bench for ages once you finish their "training" because contigent workers are the easiest to get rid of.

Quick Reply

Latest