The Student Room Group

Do aviation worth studying in uk?

My passion is to be a pilot but as of financial problem i am planning to go for any aviation related course in uk. If anyone in this field feel free to comment
Original post by Snowstone
My passion is to be a pilot but as of financial problem i am planning to go for any aviation related course in uk. If anyone in this field feel free to comment

I would say studying aviation in UK is pretty expensive. why dont you try some other countries to study aviation, like Philippines, Maldives or turkey. They are usually cheap. Enrolling in a Commercial Pilot License Course will cost at least PHP 50,000 PHP 70,000. or you can try and apply for a scholarship. Hope this helped. if you need more help let me know, i will try my best to help you.
Original post by Snowstone

I have some knowledge in this field so I can offer relevant advice.

Firstly, ignore schools like CAE. They're just sausage factories and the way they teach you to fly from day 1 is, in my opinion, totally inappropriate.
Your best bet is to go 'modular' rather than pay for an integrated course.
Tayside aviation has a good reputation.

Some schools offer a degree alongside your pilot training. These degrees are worthless, since they're just degrees that have been put together by a 3rd rate university and are simply earned by completing the pilot exams that you would do anyway.
So don't be taken in by the marketing hype around these "degrees".

If you're dead set on getting a degree, I would suggest either:

1. Go to a university to do a course you like and join an RAF university air squadron. It doesn't matter which degree, just don't spend 3 years trying to study something you hate.

2. Give the Open University some serious consideration - it would be far easier to study with the OU, while working to pay for flight training and maybe get a reference behind you - think about it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending