The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2023 Watch

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else still not received their pupillage agreement contract? Is this normal?
Original post by BCLHopeful2001
Has anyone else still not received their pupillage agreement contract? Is this normal?

I'd generally expect you to have a pupillage agreement in place by now, but there's not necessarily anything to be worried about if you haven't. What has the set said about when you should expect to receive it or what the delay is?
Original post by Crazy Jamie
I'd generally expect you to have a pupillage agreement in place by now, but there's not necessarily anything to be worried about if you haven't. What has the set said about when you should expect to receive it or what the delay is?

I was told on May 11th that I would receive an agreement "as soon as possible" but I haven't heard anything since :/
Original post by BCLHopeful2001
I was told on May 11th that I would receive an agreement "as soon as possible" but I haven't heard anything since :/

As you will no doubt discover quickly in practice, it's not unusual for "as soon as possible" to be longer than a couple of weeks for a barrister. Joking aside though, there's no harm in calling them and asking for an update.
I contacted my chambers this morning and asked them for an update, they said it was all fine and that they'd be in touch with my contract in due course. Seems that some chambers just work that way.
Reply 3245
Has anyone gone through the Government Legal Department interviews in the past? I received confirmation that I made it to the next level, and I'm a bit scared seeing I totally failed the CPS one
Reply 3246
Original post by LibbyZ18
Has anyone gone through the Government Legal Department interviews in the past? I received confirmation that I made it to the next level, and I'm a bit scared seeing I totally failed the CPS one

Are you talking about the government legal trainee scheme? If so, you may find this thread helpful
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7351630
Reply 3247
Does anyone know when the cps pupillage is going to open again for the next round ?
7BR Rejection out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending