The Student Room Group

GLS/GLP Legal Trainee Scheme 2023

Hey everyone! I thought I'd start a thread for the GLS trainee scheme as apps have closed and SJTs are probably being processed now. How did everyone feel it went? Results are due to be published 30-31 May (according to the timeline on the LTS application process page) so just got to sit tight until then I guess!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aishaslm
Hey everyone! I thought I'd start a thread for the GLS trainee scheme as apps have closed and SJTs are probably being processed now. How did everyone feel it went? Results are due to be published 30-31 May (according to the timeline on the LTS application process page) so just got to sit tight until then I guess!

Hey, finally a thread for this year's cycle, it's my first time applying, and kept wondering if no one on TSR was interested this year 😄 I actually did my SJT a day before the deadline but I thought it went well. I'd say 4 questions were like extremely difficult and I just guessed, how was yours?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DKLaw
Hey, finally a thread for this years cycle, it's my first time applying and kepy wondering if no one on TSR was interested this year 😄 I actually did my SJT a day before the deadline buy I thought it went well. I'd say 4 questions were like extremely difficult and I just guessed, how was yours?

Same here loool done it the day before but let's hope for the best! Yeah similar experience haha, some I thought were simple enough but I just can't stop second-guessing myself 🙈
Reply 3
From my understanding, GLD recruitment processes have been a little shoddy in the past. Hopefully this year they sort it out.
Reply 4
Original post by Arkansas
From my understanding, GLD recruitment processes have been a little shoddy in the past. Hopefully this year they sort it out.

Yeah, I've heard this too :frown: I just hope that the scoring is transparent enough
Reply 5
Anyone received outcomes on SJT yet? Apparently meant to come out today/tomorrow :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Anyone received outcomes on SJT yet? Apparently meant to come out today/tomorrow :s-smilie:

Nope, not yet.
Reply 7

Yes, now yes :smile:
Any tips on practising for the VRTs?
Reply 9
Anyone got a link for the actual VRT? I logged in as the email states but there’s no VRT to take yet
Reply 10
Well, I didn't pass the SJT and I'm absolutely baffled as I have never failed it before (I think I have taken it at least 4 times prior to this attempt).

Does anyone know if they will share the percentages/pass marks with us and if so how? There is nothing on the candidate portal.
Reply 11
Original post by anka9657
Well, I didn't pass the SJT and I'm absolutely baffled as I have never failed it before (I think I have taken it at least 4 times prior to this attempt).

Does anyone know if they will share the percentages/pass marks with us and if so how? There is nothing on the candidate portal.

I didn't pass it either! I hope that they do share it though; good luck to everyone that passed! You'll do great :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by creativewriter82
Any tips on practising for the VRTs?

Yes, would really appreciate any tips/resources for this.
Reply 13
Original post by YFK276
Anyone got a link for the actual VRT? I logged in as the email states but there’s no VRT to take yet

Im in the same situation did you manage to get it sorted out?
Reply 14
Just completed the VRT. Did anyone else find it super hard?
Reply 15
Just completed the VRT… Don’t remember it being that hard last year!
Reply 16
Any tips for the VRT?
Did anyone get a confirmation email post VRT completion?
Original post by adz332
Any tips for the VRT?

The practice tests are helpful, baso the same thing in the real deal. Not much else to do to prepare
Reply 19
Original post by buffcutlery
Did anyone get a confirmation email post VRT completion?

no, did you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending