Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University - Ask the Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @PQ and @Admit-One

We work within the Student Recruitment Team helping applicants with any questions that they may have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, with queries across a range of topics including entry requirements, accommodation, and much more!

We work with the Admissions Team at the university to provide support to applicants around any questions they have about joining Newcastle University.

Elliott :smile:

Thanks for clarifying Elliot. Enquiries and recruitment activity can be thankless at times, there's only so many times you can tell people info they could easily have found on your website :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hi @truecheesecake, congratulations on receiving an offer for Newcastle University !!!

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I am interested in Medicine.

1.What your view on someone doing an apprenticeship in Dental Nursing as a way of getting some clinical experience and interacting with patients? I have a twofold interest in Dental Nursing because the mentioned gaining clinical experience and also the possibility of becoming a Aesthetic Practitioner and offer blemish removal and supplement my student income.

2.Will Newcastle Medical School ever do the Medical Apprenticeships?

3. We live in a multicultural society with many different languages. What languages are the most frequently requested and would learning sign language or how to write braille be advantages.

An inspiring story blind Barrister:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11407433/UKs-blind-black-barrister-say-smashed-glass-roof.html

4. Every Medical School has something special about them. What makes Newcastle Medical School especially unique in comparison to other.

5. On this site some students think their life is over if the have failed in their GCSE. I would like to here from Newcastle University prospective where as it not ideal. Would you still consider them for all your subjects if they perhaps did a retake or A/S it or A level and done well in that?

Thank you for your time

Hi @Anonymous #2

We welcome work experience in fields in which university applicants are wanting to study. This can be beneficial on deciding that you want to pursue a career in a given field and also can help in the application process. With regard to our Medical or Dental courses, we would not consider an applicant for entry onto them if they have an apprenticeship in Dental Nursing. For more information on the entry requirements for our Medical and Dental courses, please follow these links to our course pages:

1. Medicine and Surgery MB BS
2. Dental Surgery BDS
3. Oral and Dental Health Sciences (Dental Hygiene and Therapy) BSc Honours

Newcastle University is home to one of the largest integrated medical teaching and hospital complexes in the country. We provide excellent undergraduate and postgraduate training. Medicine has been taught in Newcastle since 1834 and our regional medical school spans the North East of England and Cumbria. This includes Clinical Learning centres across all NHS trusts. For more information on our School of Medicine, please follow this link.

We do not currently offer any medical apprenticeships. We are, however, continuously reviewing our course offering to ensure it matches what our applicants are requiring.

Applicants with languages from across the world, including sign language and braille, may have experience that others do not. But this does not mean an applicant with multiple different languages would be considered more positively than an applicant who has never taken more languages than English. For more information on the languages that we offer at Newcastle University, please contact our School of Modern Languages by emailing [email protected].

Some of our courses require applicants to have certain GCSE’s at a certain grade, some courses ask for certain grades in certain GCSE’s if a certain subject hasn’t been taken at A or AS Level, and certain courses do not have any GCSE requirements. As such, we would always advise applicants to check each course page on our Undergraduate Prospectus for the entry requirements, and we will consider applicants who are resitting GSCE’s if they do apply to us.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Reply 23
Hi there, I recently got an offer at Newcastle for Computer Science. I'm studying level 3 extended diploma in Computer Science at college right now in an area which would normally receive contextual offers however I got the normal offer of D*DD. Although I'm still happy that I got an offer and I am still aiming to be able to get everything to highest possible standard, I'm wondering what would happen if I was to only get DDD or even DDM as this is what other universities have offered me however Newcastle is my dream destination.
Original post by A£DAN
Hi there, I recently got an offer at Newcastle for Computer Science. I'm studying level 3 extended diploma in Computer Science at college right now in an area which would normally receive contextual offers however I got the normal offer of D*DD. Although I'm still happy that I got an offer and I am still aiming to be able to get everything to highest possible standard, I'm wondering what would happen if I was to only get DDD or even DDM as this is what other universities have offered me however Newcastle is my dream destination.

Hi @A£DAN,

Information on how our Undergraduate Admissions Team use contextual data from your UCAS form can be found on our website here.

Our Admissions Team may use this information to make you a contextual offer:

to make you a contextual offer, which will be up to two grades lower than the typical offer for the Programme to which you have applied, OR

when considering applicants who have not quite met the entry criteria stated in their offer at Confirmation

So that we can discuss your individual offer, we would recommend that you raise an enquiry in the Apply to Newcastle Portal and our Admissions Team will be able to advise further.

Hana :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 25
Hi @A£DAN,

Information on how our Undergraduate Admissions Team use contextual data from your UCAS form can be found on our website here.

Our Admissions Team may use this information to make you a contextual offer:

to make you a contextual offer, which will be up to two grades lower than the typical offer for the Programme to which you have applied, OR

when considering applicants who have not quite met the entry criteria stated in their offer at Confirmation

So that we can discuss your individual offer, we would recommend that you raise an enquiry in the Apply to Newcastle Portal and our Admissions Team will be able to advise further.

Hana :smile:

The link you’ve gave me there takes me to an application page which has two emails, one for technical issues and one for help starting a new application which should I email as I’m neither starting a new application or having faults with the website I just need to enquire about my current offer. After looking through the pages however I found the page which goes through who can get contextual offer which after looking through with postcode and other factors I tick all the boxes required.
Original post by A£DAN
The link you’ve gave me there takes me to an application page which has two emails, one for technical issues and one for help starting a new application which should I email as I’m neither starting a new application or having faults with the website I just need to enquire about my current offer. After looking through the pages however I found the page which goes through who can get contextual offer which after looking through with postcode and other factors I tick all the boxes required.

Hi @A£DAN

If you would like to raise an enquiry about an offer that you received, we would advise you do so through our Apply to Newcastle Portal. When you applied to Newcastle via UCAS, you should have received an email inviting you to register for our Apply to Newcastle Portal. Through the portal, you will be able to:

upload supporting documents
see how your application is progressing
make enquiries

Alternatively you can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing Option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website, or by using our Enquiry Form.

Elliott
When will offers for Physician Associate be made?
Interview was over 2 weeks ago.
Original post by Nautilus

Hi @Nautilus

Our Postgraduate Admissions Team have advised that they are currently reviewing applications for our Physician Associate Studies MSc programme. They hope to send out decisions as soon as possible.

If you would like a further update on your application, please contact us directly by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website or by using our Enquiry Form.

Elliott
Hi @Nautilus

Our Postgraduate Admissions Team have advised that they are currently reviewing applications for our Physician Associate Studies MSc programme. They hope to send out decisions as soon as possible.

If you would like a further update on your application, please contact us directly by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website or by using our Enquiry Form.

Elliott

Thank you
Reply 30

I had a previous Interview and didnt hear back until May. This time round I heard back after a week or so - I’m sure they send out offers in batches and I think the first batch has been issued. I was told that they are trying to get rejections out asap so people are aware and not waiting round if they’ve applied for other unis. Not sure how many batches but assume they wait to see how many accept/reject the offer. Hope that helps :smile:
I was wondering what are the best accommodations for postgraduates?
Original post by ezkx
I had a previous Interview and didnt hear back until May. This time round I heard back after a week or so - I’m sure they send out offers in batches and I think the first batch has been issued. I was told that they are trying to get rejections out asap so people are aware and not waiting round if they’ve applied for other unis. Not sure how many batches but assume they wait to see how many accept/reject the offer. Hope that helps :smile:

Were you unsuccessful first time, but were accepted on your second attempt then?
Reply 33
Were you unsuccessful first time, but were accepted on your second attempt then?

Yeah :smile: I applied in 2021 and then again this year
Original post by RSYN1923
I was wondering what are the best accommodations for postgraduates?

Hi @RSYN1923

You can explore our postgraduate accommodation options here.

On each accommodation page, you can find information about location, room types, facilities and prices. There may also be a virtual tour.

All this information should hopefully help you figure out which accommodation would be best for you :smile:

Hana
Have all the offers/rejections for Pysician Associate been sent out yet? My interview was over four weeks ago now and I still haven't heard.
Have all the offers/rejections for Pysician Associate been sent out yet? My interview was over four weeks ago now and I still haven't heard.

Hi @Nautilus

We apologise for the delay in hearing a decision on your application. Please do not be concerned that you haven't heard anything back yet.

Our Postgraduate Admissions Team have advised that decisions for our Physician Associate Studies MSc programme will be going out individually as decisions are made on each application, rather than all decisions going out at the same time.

For applicants who submitted their application before or on 25th January, they will receive a decision no later than 19th May. For applicants who submitted their applications after 25th January, decisions will be sent out during the summer.

Elliott
Hi @Nautilus

We apologise for the delay in hearing a decision on your application. Please do not be concerned that you haven't heard anything back yet.

Our Postgraduate Admissions Team have advised that decisions for our Physician Associate Studies MSc programme will be going out individually as decisions are made on each application, rather than all decisions going out at the same time.

For applicants who submitted their application before or on 25th January, they will receive a decision no later than 19th May. For applicants who submitted their applications after 25th January, decisions will be sent out during the summer.

Elliott

Thank you
Reply 38
Hi @Anonymous #2

We welcome work experience in fields in which university applicants are wanting to study. This can be beneficial on deciding that you want to pursue a career in a given field and also can help in the application process. With regard to our Medical or Dental courses, we would not consider an applicant for entry onto them if they have an apprenticeship in Dental Nursing. For more information on the entry requirements for our Medical and Dental courses, please follow these links to our course pages:

1. Medicine and Surgery MB BS
2. Dental Surgery BDS
3. Oral and Dental Health Sciences (Dental Hygiene and Therapy) BSc Honours

Newcastle University is home to one of the largest integrated medical teaching and hospital complexes in the country. We provide excellent undergraduate and postgraduate training. Medicine has been taught in Newcastle since 1834 and our regional medical school spans the North East of England and Cumbria. This includes Clinical Learning centres across all NHS trusts. For more information on our School of Medicine, please follow this link.

We do not currently offer any medical apprenticeships. We are, however, continuously reviewing our course offering to ensure it matches what our applicants are requiring.

Applicants with languages from across the world, including sign language and braille, may have experience that others do not. But this does not mean an applicant with multiple different languages would be considered more positively than an applicant who has never taken more languages than English. For more information on the languages that we offer at Newcastle University, please contact our School of Modern Languages by emailing [email protected].

Some of our courses require applicants to have certain GCSE’s at a certain grade, some courses ask for certain grades in certain GCSE’s if a certain subject hasn’t been taken at A or AS Level, and certain courses do not have any GCSE requirements. As such, we would always advise applicants to check each course page on our Undergraduate Prospectus for the entry requirements, and we will consider applicants who are resitting GSCE’s if they do apply to us.

Elliott

Hi how long will it take for my application to be processed. It has already been 20 working days. I applied for MRes in Biofabrication and Bioprinting
Original post by Zester
Hi how long will it take for my application to be processed. It has already been 20 working days. I applied for MRes in Biofabrication and Bioprinting

Hi @Zester

We do apologise that you haven't had a response to your application yet.

To check the status of your application, please get in contact with us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat on our website or by using our Enquiry Form.

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending