The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University - Ask the Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Hi
When will the accommodation portal be open for 2024 entry offer holders?
Thanks
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
Hi
When will the accommodation portal be open for 2024 entry offer holders?
Thanks

Hi @gabriellamadelyn

Our Accommodation Team have advised that accommodation for 2024 is due to open in the springtime. Offer holders should receive an email inviting them to register for accommodation when the accommodation portal is open.

I hope this helps 😊
Lydia
Reply 102
Hi I understand that you can't be super specific with answers to these type of questions but when will offers be coming out for undergraduate medicine for international students?
Thanks!!
Original post by ajkhale
Hi I understand that you can't be super specific with answers to these type of questions but when will offers be coming out for undergraduate medicine for international students?
Thanks!!

Hi @ajkhale

I note you've also posted this query in another thread, but for clarity, we aim to get decisions out to MB BS applicants by early/mid-March - this is the case for international applicants too.

I hope this helps
Scott
Hello!

I am an undergraduate applicant with a question about my conditional offer for: “Hons International Relations and Politics”. The requested terms is that I achieve a 5,5,4 on my AP exams as I am an American student. However upon the website’s course qualifications, it lists possible substitutions to these test scores with equivalent terms such as dual enrollment/college courses. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to submit the final results of my dual enrollment courses in lieu of the 5,5,4 AP exam scores due to admittance timing in the United States?
Hi, I received my offer yesterday for joint psychology degree. My offer says AAA. I just wondered if say A*AB would be accepted if that happened to be my results on results day, especially if the A* or A was in psychology?
Original post by reeseraine
Hello!
I am an undergraduate applicant with a question about my conditional offer for: “Hons International Relations and Politics”. The requested terms is that I achieve a 5,5,4 on my AP exams as I am an American student. However upon the website’s course qualifications, it lists possible substitutions to these test scores with equivalent terms such as dual enrollment/college courses. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to submit the final results of my dual enrollment courses in lieu of the 5,5,4 AP exam scores due to admittance timing in the United States?
Hi @reeseraine

I would advise that you contact us directly regarding this so that our International Recruitment Team so that they can answer your questions regarding this and related to your application.

You can contact them by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website, or via our Enquiries Form.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Original post by Anonymous #9
Hi, I received my offer yesterday for joint psychology degree. My offer says AAA. I just wondered if say A*AB would be accepted if that happened to be my results on results day, especially if the A* or A was in psychology?
Hi Anonymous #9

At Newcastle, our offers are based on grades in three A levels, rather than cumulative UCAS Tariff points. This means that we don’t necessarily consider A*AB as equivalent to AAA.

If, when your A level results are released, you do not quite meet your offer conditions, we will consider you a ‘near-miss’ applicant. In this scenario, all applicants who met their offer conditions would receive their place. For any places we have left over, we will reconsider all ‘near-miss’ applicants and look to place the most promising applicants.

Elliott
Hello, may I ask when offers for the BDS dentistry course will be given out? Could you tell me what day the final interview is taking place for the school of dentistry?
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Anonymous #9
At Newcastle, our offers are based on grades in three A levels, rather than cumulative UCAS Tariff points. This means that we don’t necessarily consider A*AB as equivalent to AAA.
If, when your A level results are released, you do not quite meet your offer conditions, we will consider you a ‘near-miss’ applicant. In this scenario, all applicants who met their offer conditions would receive their place. For any places we have left over, we will reconsider all ‘near-miss’ applicants and look to place the most promising applicants.
Elliott

Hi,

I am also interested in this question that the applicant asked.

If I was a near miss and my results considered would I know on results day if I was accepted.

Also I have done my epq in psychology theme too. Would that count towards consideration.
I note a Poster in another thread with an offer for Newcastle said their grade requirements included a grade reduction in one subject with an epq required grade. My offer doesn’t make any mention of my epq.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I am also interested in this question that the applicant asked.
If I was a near miss and my results considered would I know on results day if I was accepted.
Also I have done my epq in psychology theme too. Would that count towards consideration.
I note a Poster in another thread with an offer for Newcastle said their grade requirements included a grade reduction in one subject with an epq required grade. My offer doesn’t make any mention of my epq.

Hi Anonymous #9

If you are considered a 'near miss' applicant, a decision will be made on your application before A Level Results day so that when you check your UCAS Hub, you will know whether you have been successful in gaining a place.

How EPQ's are taken into consideration for applications to Newcastle University differs depending on course. Certain courses will vary their offer if an applicant is offering an EPQ. Some courses will take into consideration EPQ's as part of an application profile, but not vary the offer. Finally, there are certain courses that do not accept EPQ's as part of the application profile.

If you have applied to Psychology, we welcome applications from students offering an Extended Project and value the skills of research and independent learning that it is designed to develop. If you offer an Extended Project, it will be taken into account as part of your application profile, but we will not usually include it in offer conditions for this degree programme.

Elliott
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Anonymous #9
If you are considered a 'near miss' applicant, a decision will be made on your application before A Level Results day so that when you check your UCAS Hub, you will know whether you have been successful in gaining a place.
How EPQ's are taken into consideration for applications to Newcastle University differs depending on course. Certain courses will vary their offer if an applicant is offering an EPQ. Some courses will take into consideration EPQ's as part of an application profile, but not vary the offer. Finally, there are certain courses that do not accept EPQ's as part of the application profile.
If you have applied to Psychology, we welcome applications from students offering an Extended Project and value the skills of research and independent learning that it is designed to develop. If you offer an Extended Project, it will be taken into account as part of your application profile, but we will not usually include it in offer conditions for this degree programme.
Elliott

thank you, that helps a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending