The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Adult nursing interview

Hi
I have an interview for Adult nursing at Huddersfield in 3 days. Could anyone please help with likely interview questions or any special preparations I need to make.
I do not have a nursing background
Hi!

I'm also a Adult Nursing applicant here :smile:

I haven't had any interviews as of yet, however, from what I know, knowledge of the 6Cs of Nursing is super important for interviews!! Make sure you know them.

The 6Cs are:

care
compassion
commitment
courage
communication
competence

To give yourself more an edge, think of ways you've demonstrated a couple of the 6Cs in your own life (they don't have to be Nursing related).

Additionally, a basic idea of the NMC code is also quite useful.

Finally, make sure you walk into the interview having a good idea of why you want to be a nurse and what some of their roles are as well as the challenges they face! A lot of universities say they like when students can comment on contemporary issues in health care/ Nursing.

Best of luck with your interview! Definitely let me know how it goes because I've actually applied to Huddersfield too - I'm iust waiting to hear back from them currently. How long did it take for you to hear back from them if you don't mind me asking?
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your response. Your contributions are quite useful.

I applied in September, got the conditional offer in October, then my interview in 3days time.

I will sure let you know how it goes. I do not have a nursing background and I am very nervous this might affect their final decision but I am very optimistic.

Best of luck to you too
Hi again!

Sorry for the late response, I've been quite busy recently.

I hope your interview went well though!! if you want to tell me about it then feel free. 😊 I now have an interview with Huddersfield on Wednesday and I am very nervous so any tips would be helpful 😂

I don't think the fact you don't come from a nursing background will affect your application at all! I remember going to an open day at the Univerity of York and the nursing lecturers said they don't expect you to have work experience because as a 16-17 year old, it can be quite hard to find in the health care field. So yeah, usually, all the want to see is a passion for care and that you are well-researched about the profession! :smile:
Ohh okay thank you so much!

I got given a sheet with some scenarios on so I don't think they gave us the same thing. 😳😂 I'm really nervous as this is my first nursing interview but hopefully I should be okay considering you said it went quite smooth though!

thanks again, you've been a great help! I'll let you know how it goes when I finish the interview.

Where else have you applied to?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Oh okay. Did you apply for BSc. or MSc.?

I applied for MSc. Adult Nursing so I guess the task is different.

I applied to Essex but not for Adult Nursing.

All the best. Do well to let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending