The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

TMUA for LSE 2022

I have applied to LSE for Financial Mathematics and Statistics. I have achieved a rather mediocre score of 5.1 this morning. I was wondering whether or not I should release this score to LSE. It is not required for the course but they claim a good score can help in securing an offer. But will my 'okay' score negatively affect my chances?
Better not.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have applied to LSE for Financial Mathematics and Statistics. I have achieved a rather mediocre score of 5.1 this morning. I was wondering whether or not I should release this score to LSE. It is not required for the course but they claim a good score can help in securing an offer. But will my 'okay' score negatively affect my chances?

Hi, can I ask what you ended up doing and what was your outcome?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, can I ask what you ended up doing and what was your outcome?

Yep, of course.

I decided against releasing my score and did not get the offer. However, I heard from friends that many people did get offers with similar scores to mine for courses ran by the maths department (5.0-5.5). So, looking back on it, probably should’ve submitted it though at the time I really wasn’t confident in my score.

I am now studying Mathematics with Economics at UCL.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yep, of course.

I decided against releasing my score and did not get the offer. However, I heard from friends that many people did get offers with similar scores to mine for courses ran by the maths department (5.0-5.5). So, looking back on it, probably should’ve submitted it though at the time I really wasn’t confident in my score.

I am now studying Mathematics with Economics at UCL.

Thank you so much.

And congratulations, UCL is a great university!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending