The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart Scheme I’ve university ??

Hi, I have been offered a place on the Deloitte BrightStart scheme for Audit in the London office. I am very happy with this opportunity but coming from a Asian - Pakistani background I have had many people say it’s not good to do apprenticeship but instead do University. I want to and will take the Deloitte offer but just wanted to ask if taking The apprenticeship route over Uni will hold me back in the future. At Uni if I were to go I would do Accounting and Finance most likely from Manchester Uni. Thank you.
I definitely think go with the apprenticeship! You are guaranteed employment for the duration of it and likely to get a job after. Even if you decide to work for a new company you will be going there with the degree from the apprenticeship and all your experience rather than a degree alone. You will be able to save and live comfortably as well compared to going to uni and over all be able get a head start. That’s just my opinion tho! I’m sure whichever you decide you will make the most of it!
Reply 2
Original post by Cerysxxx3435536
I definitely think go with the apprenticeship! You are guaranteed employment for the duration of it and likely to get a job after. Even if you decide to work for a new company you will be going there with the degree from the apprenticeship and all your experience rather than a degree alone. You will be able to save and live comfortably as well compared to going to uni and over all be able get a head start. That’s just my opinion tho! I’m sure whichever you decide you will make the most of it!

Yeah that’s a good way to think about it. I reckon I will go ahead with the Apprenticeship thank you for your help !
Hey
I have a masters degree and I want to know if I can apply for brightstart apprenticeship as well?
Reply 4
Original post by erfansharifi
Hey
I have a masters degree and I want to know if I can apply for brightstart apprenticeship as well?

i think you’ll have to apply for a graduate scheme
Thank you for your comment. I am getting ready for that
(Original post by user2813)i think you’ll have to apply for a graduate scheme
Reply 6
Original post by erfansharifi
Thank you for your comment. I am getting ready for that
(Original post by user2813)i think you’ll have to apply for a graduate scheme

best of luck !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending