The Student Room Group

Is Messi now the undisputed greatest of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adityapande
[*]True. From what I have heard, he dominated his era like no one. That is why it's nearly impossible to compare messi, Maradona, Pele.
Each the GOAT of their generation.

[*]
messi didnt dominate his era.

His era was dominated by Ronaldo

The most important tournament in the world at determing who is the best is the UCL.

Without the greatest team assembled Messi won 1 champions league, I think Ronaldo was still better that year and they would of won if they got to the final but they didnt

Ronaldo with a team never favorities to win won 4 in 5 years with more iconic performances in 5 years than messi could dream of in 3 careers
Original post by jonjoshelveygoat
[*]

The most important tournament in the world at determing who is the best is the UCL.

Without the greatest team assembled Messi won 1 champions league, I think Ronaldo was still better that year and they would of won if they got to the final but they didnt

Ronaldo with a team never favorities to win won 4 in 5 years with more iconic performances in 5 years than messi could dream of in 3 careers

[*]
The delusions.
Keep crying dude. No point arguing about subjective ******** on who has a better team and who doesn't. There isn't a quantitative argument to that. Plus the most important tournament is the world cup. Guess who prevailed there.

And Ronaldo fans summing up football to the UCL is why they are called delusional. Both played in prime la liga, where Messi prevailed.

And real madrid were always favourites to win. Cause if the refs.
https://twitter.com/a3avd_/status/1648067918800777216?s=20
[*]

[*]
"Messi didn’t dominate his era"
From the time messi started his career, he has accumulated:
Most goal ratio
Most assists
Most trophies
Most dribbles
Most individual awards
Most non penalty goals
Most world cup goals
2nd Most UCL goal ratio(lewa 1st)
Most ucl hattricks
2nd Most UCL trophies
Most international trophies
Most xA
Most big chances created
Most MOTM

The list goes on and on and on.

UCL is not the only club competition in football. Now continue the tears Manchester fanboy
Original post by Meheraj
[*]Only person who's got ball knowledge. W for you.

[*]Counter W to you for putting respect on the name of the brazilian GOAT. All these young annoying messi Ronaldo fanboys have forgotten the brilliance of the two.
[*]Counter W to you for putting respect on the name of the brazilian GOAT. All these young annoying messi Ronaldo fanboys have forgotten the brilliance of the two.

[*]
:smile:

Yeah, I do eye-to-eye with you regarding the fact that every era has its own GOAT. I love and admire Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as avid fans of the sport, but no one should mix things up and start comparing, 'coz every individual is different to some degree. Due to time, things were different in the past; they're changing frequently now and will move forward with the same passion. So, making someone superior whilst trying to show someone inferior is nothing but stupidity to me.
The bench was on the pitch, it literally should of been

and thats ignoring the dreadful foul calls and not being sent off vs Holland

The actual list is this
1. CR7
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. Cruyff
5. Messi

Continue shedding tears lil bro. The world will remember messi as the greatest, and Ronaldo as the inferior one. Stop crying now.
your idols team for most of his career got found out to be paying refs

your idol has had a higher goal to game ratio in 2 years in his career than ronaldo

I suggest you watch big games in the champions league, particularly without the full god squad with the greatest manager of his generation

4 - 0 LIV where was messi?
3 - 0 ROMA where was messi?
8 - 2 BAYERN where was messi?
3 - 0 JUVENTUS where was messi?

Your idol promises a lot and delivers nothing. He says we will win champions league he has some of the most embarrassing performances in champions league history and runs away to uber eats charity league to play against croissant companies and barbers for a trophy which I could win in that PSG team.

The GOAT doesn't just sit and watch his teams get dogged in the big games in the biggest tournament in the world

Ronaldo has more hatricks to overturn first leg losses in the UCL than your idol has big performances in big games

Give your idol growth hormone ref paying pessi 6 penalties in his little 7 game tournament or he will retire

The only way I will respect messi is if he does the right thing and :
- Returns his world cup medal to Mbappe who deserved it as he didnt score a goal with subs on the pitch
- Give back all his trophies from when barca were paying the refs (nearly the whole time)
- Give back his rigged balon dors (he can keep 2009, 2010 and 2012)

Your idol is a growth hormone merchant, I understand your probably quite short and want an idol your size but im afraid you are **** eating a midget who is lucky to be in the conversation with the greatest player in footballing history when he should be up there with Harry kane as he has no fair trophies

1. No concrete evidence against barca.
2. Dumb stat. Messi has a better goal ratio throughout their career. Footballing stats are counted throughout their careers, not in selective years you prefer lol.
3. "Greatest Manager", "God squad"
Ah yes, Valverde and Quique Setien are the greatest managers ever, while Barca in 2018/19, 19/20 were a god squad.
How old are you?

4. He ghosted in all these games except liverpool. It's a dent in his career. But every player has a dent in their careers. Ronaldo has 0 WC goals or assists while having played in 5. He won 2 la liga in a span of 9 years in spain. He has 0 international POTY.

5. True, I mean Messi could never miss a one on one chnace in the 90th minute vs morocco in the biggest game of the world.
Thanks for proving my point kid.

6. Ronaldo fans increasing the penalties from 5 to 6 to 7 as each day passes lmao.
Ronaldo's 1st goal for madrid: Penalty
1st goal for al nassr: Penalty
18% goals: penalties
Most ucl penalties: Ronaldo
Most penalties in 1 season: ronaldo(17)
Most penalties in history(taken and scored): Ronaldo
Ronaldo goals in WC without penalties: 6 in 5 world cups

Putting down penalties doesn't look good on your idol.

7. Lmao how salty them tears be. Ronaldo fans are finished wallahi. Go watch Ronaldo bottle another camel league title. Al nassr were top of league before ronaldo, now they are finishing 2nd.

Keep crying.

The hate you have for messi makes me believe he owned your club 2 times in a ucl final and owned your idol once in a ucl final and then in a ucl semifinal.

1,2,3.Messi, Maradona, Pele(any order is correct)
4. CR7
5. Cruyff.
Only correct list. Any other is biased, or is made by a Ronaldo hater or fan.

Have a good day, remember to keep your electrolyte intake high as you must be losing a lot crying them salty tears.
1. No concrete evidence against barca.
2. Dumb stat. Messi has a better goal ratio throughout their career. Footballing stats are counted throughout their careers, not in selective years you prefer lol.
3. "Greatest Manager", "God squad"
Ah yes, Valverde and Quique Setien are the greatest managers ever, while Barca in 2018/19, 19/20 were a god squad.
How old are you?

4. He ghosted in all these games except liverpool. It's a dent in his career. But every player has a dent in their careers. Ronaldo has 0 WC goals or assists while having played in 5. He won 2 la liga in a span of 9 years in spain. He has 0 international POTY.

5. True, I mean Messi could never miss a one on one chnace in the 90th minute vs morocco in the biggest game of the world.
Thanks for proving my point kid.

6. Ronaldo fans increasing the penalties from 5 to 6 to 7 as each day passes lmao.
Ronaldo's 1st goal for madrid: Penalty
1st goal for al nassr: Penalty
18% goals: penalties
Most ucl penalties: Ronaldo
Most penalties in 1 season: ronaldo(17)
Most penalties in history(taken and scored): Ronaldo
Ronaldo goals in WC without penalties: 6 in 5 world cups

Putting down penalties doesn't look good on your idol.

7. Lmao how salty them tears be. Ronaldo fans are finished wallahi. Go watch Ronaldo bottle another camel league title. Al nassr were top of league before ronaldo, now they are finishing 2nd.

Keep crying.

The hate you have for messi makes me believe he owned your club 2 times in a ucl final and owned your idol once in a ucl final and then in a ucl semifinal.

1,2,3.Messi, Maradona, Pele(any order is correct)
4. CR7
5. Cruyff.
Only correct list. Any other is biased, or is made by a Ronaldo hater or fan.

Have a good day, remember to keep your electrolyte intake high as you must be losing a lot crying them salty tears.

you are mentally ill, seek help

The irony. Go to sleep lil bro.
(edited 1 year ago)

You sound so mad lol, stay mad, cope more and cry hard while the GOAT (Lionel Messi) writes his name in the book of football history. :wink:
Original post by batmanbegins2005
You sound so mad lol, stay mad, cope more and cry hard while the GOAT (Lionel Messi) writes his name in the book of football history. :wink:

The only records messi holds in the history of football are most missed penalties and most UCL bottles
Reply 91

[*]
Messi is soo good!!! <3333333 I luv him xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest