The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Campus accommodation continuing students

For continuing students that applied for campus accommodation in the previous years, how does it work? How does the university allocate rooms for continuing students? Are certain flats for continuing students only? In what colleges do you have a higher chance to get a room? Any other advice?

I'm an international student and I don't think I can afford a 51 week let, so campus accomm would be better.
Hi there,

For continuing students, on-campus accommodation works on a first come, first served basis. We open up a booking system, usually in early January, every year, and allocate so many rooms for continuing students to book. However, we encourage you to consider private sector options as well, because on-campus accommodation for continuing students is not guaranteed.

We usually offer a wide selection of room types for continuing students, from bands 1 - 4 to cater to different budgets. To find out when continuer accommodation applications open, keep an eye on your emails and our social media and web pages. We let students know about continuer accommodation being open to book well in advance.

I hope this helps, but if you want a bit more detail, this section of our webpage has more information on accommodation for continuing students.

Best wishes,

Hannah :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending