The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield

I'm looking to transfer to Huddersfield uni from Leeds Trinity to do primary teaching in second year? Is there anything anyone can tell me about the course? How are the tutors, placements and other students? Do you complete placement in pairs? How often are lectures? And how's the uni generally in terms of societies and things to do specifically for asians / Muslims? A response is much appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm looking to transfer to Huddersfield uni from Leeds Trinity to do primary teaching in second year? Is there anything anyone can tell me about the course? How are the tutors, placements and other students? Do you complete placement in pairs? How often are lectures? And how's the uni generally in terms of societies and things to do specifically for asians / Muslims? A response is much appreciated.

Hi Anon,

While a member of the social media team now, I used to work within marketing for the School in which that course is based in. From what we'd tell people at open days, the course is more time laborious than a lot of other degrees- due to the amount of time you spend on placement, you will often be working the school timetable during the weeks you are on placement and then potentially doing assignments and course content on top of that.

The course is a very close knit group, due to course numbers being restricted to around 50-ish close friendships are often made as well as having good relationships with your lecturers- the School of Education boasts one of the best academics to student ratio in the University. If you do want to ask a bit more about modules ,lecturers and placement, you can email the school at [email protected]

They have a great placements team who help you find placements close to where you live. We have a strong commuter based student population and for this subject area we have a lot of students on this course with a similar background and faith as you. The university is a dry campus and our Students' Union is very aware of our student population and puts on lots of events for commuter students and muslim friendly events such as coffee crawls, movie nights, tea parties as well as other experiences suited to this.

We have recently (December '22) opened a new Faith Centre on our campus called the 'Jo Cox More in Common Centre' and it has amazing facilities for prayer rooms and Wudu. The centre is open from 7am-10pm on weekdays and 8am-9pm at the weekends. We have a great turnout for Jum'ah. Find out more about the centre here

I hope this is helpful!
Many thanks,
UoH
(edited 1 year ago)
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Thank you this was very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending