The Student Room Group

Help, I feel like watching Rupert bear

I haven’t been feeling great lately - anxious, mind dancing and struggling with life, I am stopping with parents. I just think that I need something colourful and relaxing to watch, an escape from reality and the inspiration (🙄?) to go for walks and adventures on my own.

I am about to download all the series of Rupert bear. Do you think I am being too nostalgic and that it will reduce my mental well-being or can kids programmes boost your mood somehow?
If you want to watch Rupert bear, watch it. Someryomes I find an old kids TV programmes you used to love csn be a great way to cheer yourself up.
Reply 2
i find that watching cartoons or re-watching the same shows/movies de-stresses me
When I am at my absolute worst, or recovering from that state afterwards, I sometimes watch an episode of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" - it's just utterly calming, and pleasant, and Mr. Rogers was truly a lovely man. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching something simple, and heartwarming, to make yourself feel better! :h:
I collect Rupert annuals
Watch it! :smile:

I enjoy rewatching old shows too, I think everyone does.
Moved to Entertainment
I certainly don’t think you’re being ‘over nostalgic’ wanting to watch Rupert Bear programmes. I’m fifty seven years old and the escapism of reading the annuals is what I often use for anxiety, even looking at the pictures helps🤘

Quick Reply

Latest