The Student Room Group

UCL Pharmacy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alisalami9008
Anyone got offers from UCL for Pharmacy yet??? Reply with when you applied and your predicted grades.

Hello I just recently firmed UCL for Pharmacy. I got the offer April 17th I believe and I had applied around.....22nd of January? I have already achieved my A-level grades AAA (currently on a gap year).
Original post by DianneN
Hello I just recently firmed UCL for Pharmacy. I got the offer April 17th I believe and I had applied around.....22nd of January? I have already achieved my A-level grades AAA (currently on a gap year).

Can you mention what things you think made you stand out in your personal statement?
Original post by 17rbegum
Can you mention what things you think made you stand out in your personal statement?

Hello! I believe the main things were the online courses, work experience and the initiative I had to take things further from my experiences through independent research. The online course I completed was pharmacy-related and from that course, I took a topic I found interesting from that course and decided to do a research paper on it. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to shadow a pharmacist and from that experience underwent some mini-research projects. Additionally, during 6th form, I had the chance to be a hospital volunteer and was able to express my abilities to become a pharmacist from that.
Original post by 17rbegum
Hi , can I ask what work experience/ volunteering you took when applying, I want to apply for the mpharm course too at UCL this year

The best thing to do is to work in local pharmacy. it really helps you to prepare for interviews and personal statements. volunteering at Oxfam or any other organisation would be good too. Also, if the pharmacist is kind enough, make sure to ask him couple questions to get yourself prepared for Mpharm
Reply 24
does anyone know where I can submit my english language requirements in UCL portico?
Original post by lalalallas
does anyone know where I can submit my english language requirements in UCL portico?

I don’t think it is available at the moment, I mean for the details, obviously contact sop admission but i think you just have to wait until they ask you to submit it
Reply 26
There a UCL gc?
Reply 27
Does UCL have any courses in clearing this year?
Did anyone apply with predicted grades whilst retaking A-levels and got an interview?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 29
Hey, I'm an incoming UCL first year allocated to One Pool Street single ensuite self-catered(281.96 /week) near the ucl east campus, and I'm looking to swap to a room near the bloomsbury campus. Let me know if you're interested! Not too fussed if ensuite or not.
Original post by Xyconify
i got an offer today. i applied in early december i think. i had my online test in early march then my interview 4 days after. my predicted is AAB

My interview went really bad I’m so broken 😭
Reply 31
Original post by _student_6
My interview went really bad I’m so broken 😭

Oh damn how was the test
Original post by gnsgnxd
Oh damn how was the test

I thought the test went rlly bad for me, and I just accepted that I’m deffo not getting into UCL with that horrific essay question I did, but then they invited me to an interview. It was just surprising because I thought the test went horribly but apparently it didn’t and I think that’s just me and the fact that 1, I thought I wrote a trash essay, 2, i overthink about everything I do, and 3, there were like 200 people I was competing with and that they would definitely write better essays than me. But now that I had the interview, I can officially say that I am rejecting UCL before they get the chance to reject me 🥹
Reply 33
I thought the test went rlly bad for me, and I just accepted that I’m deffo not getting into UCL with that horrific essay question I did, but then they invited me to an interview. It was just surprising because I thought the test went horribly but apparently it didn’t and I think that’s just me and the fact that 1, I thought I wrote a trash essay, 2, i overthink about everything I do, and 3, there were like 200 people I was competing with and that they would definitely write better essays than me. But now that I had the interview, I can officially say that I am rejecting UCL before they get the chance to reject me 🥹

You never know you did the test good even tho your thought it was bad I just did my test rn
Original post by gnsgnxd
You never know you did the test good even tho your thought it was bad I just did my test rn

How did it go???
Reply 35
How did it go???

It felt the maths was quite basic so was good and the essay question was a a well round good question I wrote 4 paragraphs and the situational judgment I gave my best go at
Original post by gnsgnxd
It felt the maths was quite basic so was good and the essay question was a a well round good question I wrote 4 paragraphs and the situational judgment I gave my best go at

That’s rlly good! 4 paragraphs damn. The situational judgement Qs had me thinking for longer than they should have for sure 😭😭
Reply 37
That’s rlly good! 4 paragraphs damn. The situational judgement Qs had me thinking for longer than they should have for sure 😭😭

Fr how long after the test did u get the interview email
Original post by gnsgnxd
Fr how long after the test did u get the interview email

So I did the test on 15th of Jan and they emailed the interview invitation on the 31st Jan
Reply 39
So I did the test on 15th of Jan and they emailed the interview invitation on the 31st Jan

Alright thanks where and what else did u apply for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending