The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

interview

Hi everyone!
I am hoping someone may be able to help? I have my interview at Salford this week for Occupational Therapy. It is a group interview and the process lasts 6 hours!! I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints and tips on what to expect or possible scenarios i could face? I've been told it will consist of group discussion and 1-1 interview for an hour also. I'm super nervous and don`t feel very prepared. although this could be me just overthinking things.
anyways, any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks!

Jackie :smile:
Original post by jackiilou
Hi everyone!
I am hoping someone may be able to help? I have my interview at Salford this week for Occupational Therapy. It is a group interview and the process lasts 6 hours!! I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints and tips on what to expect or possible scenarios i could face? I've been told it will consist of group discussion and 1-1 interview for an hour also. I'm super nervous and don`t feel very prepared. although this could be me just overthinking things.
anyways, any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks!

Hi @jackiilou!

Unfortunately we can't give out too much info on what the interview involves, but my best tips are to reread your personal statement and have a think about the characteristics and responsibilities of an OT - what are some things you might do in a day to day role as an OT? What kind of person makes a good OT? All good things to show in interview to show you fully understand the role! I hope the interview goes well (if you've not already had it - if so I hope it went well!), fingers crossed you hear back soon with the answer you want!

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Becky,

I had my interview last week and I think it went as well as it could do. We were asked to do 4 different activities and I think these were to show our understanding and the characteristics of an O.T It was really interesting. I made sure to ask plenty of questions and I did leave feeling fairly positive. Im so keen to find out if I have secured a place. It will probably be a conditional offer as im at college going an access course. Thanks again for your tips, they really helped.

Hi Becky,

I had my interview last week and I think it went as well as it could do. We were asked to do 4 different activities and I think these were to show our understanding and the characteristics of an O.T It was really interesting. I made sure to ask plenty of questions and I did leave feeling fairly positive. Im so keen to find out if I have secured a place. It will probably be a conditional offer as im at college going an access course. Thanks again for your tips, they really helped.

Hi @jackiilou,

Ahhh I'm really glad it went well for you and that you found it interesting too! I know 6 hours can seem daunting, but hopefully on the day it flew by for you and you enjoyed the activities.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - and will pass your thanks on to Becky too :smile:

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 4
Hi Rowan,
Thanks for your well wishes. I was hoping you might be able to clarify an issue for me? Upon checking the entry requirements for OT again, I noticed that it asked for 30 credits at distinction which I think is 10 distinctions at a minimum aswell as merits. At interview, we were told we just needed the 120 ucas points and it didn't matter how many distinctions or merits we achieved. I am studying level 3 counselling also, which is 24 ucas points. I was hoping to put this towards the 120 points, leaving 96 left on the diploma and this would take the pressure off.
I am now very concerned as I feel it would be a big ask to gain 10 distinctions in the diploma.

I hope you can shed some light on this issue as I'm very worried I may not be able to meet this criteria.
Many Thanks

Jackie
Hi Rowan,
Thanks for your well wishes. I was hoping you might be able to clarify an issue for me? Upon checking the entry requirements for OT again, I noticed that it asked for 30 credits at distinction which I think is 10 distinctions at a minimum aswell as merits. At interview, we were told we just needed the 120 ucas points and it didn't matter how many distinctions or merits we achieved. I am studying level 3 counselling also, which is 24 ucas points. I was hoping to put this towards the 120 points, leaving 96 left on the diploma and this would take the pressure off.
I am now very concerned as I feel it would be a big ask to gain 10 distinctions in the diploma.

I hope you can shed some light on this issue as I'm very worried I may not be able to meet this criteria.
Many Thanks

Jackie

Hi @jackiilou,

No problem :smile:

First off, could I just check where you've checked the entry requirements for OT at Salford? On our site - for access courses - it mentions 120 UCAS points and specific subjects it might be related to.

What might be best, if possible, is it you could drop us a DM with your details (full name, date of birth and application reference number - the one starting with @00...) so we can speak to our admissions team about this for you. Does this sound okay?

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 6
Original post by University of Salford
Hi jackiilou,
No problem
First off, could I just check where you've checked the entry requirements for OT at Salford? On our site - for access courses - it mentions 120 UCAS points and specific subjects it might be related to.
What might be best, if possible, is it you could drop us a DM with your details (full name, date of birth and application reference number - the one starting with @00...) so we can speak to our admissions team about this for you. Does this sound okay?
All the best,
Rowan- University of Salford Rep

Hi Rowan

I have since spoken to a tutor from Salford and she has said that as long as I achieve the 120 ucas points, that will meet entry requirements. I've been lucky enough to receive a conditional offer for O.T. However in the offer on ucas it states for these points to come from the HE diploma I'm currently studying. I was under the impression I could use 24 points I will have from a counselling level 3 course and leave 96 with the diploma
If you could clarify this for me that be great.
Oh and also I have no clue how to send you a DM. Maybe send me one and then I can reply?

Many Thanks

Jackie
Hi Rowan

I have since spoken to a tutor from Salford and she has said that as long as I achieve the 120 ucas points, that will meet entry requirements. I've been lucky enough to receive a conditional offer for O.T. However in the offer on ucas it states for these points to come from the HE diploma I'm currently studying. I was under the impression I could use 24 points I will have from a counselling level 3 course and leave 96 with the diploma
If you could clarify this for me that be great.
Oh and also I have no clue how to send you a DM. Maybe send me one and then I can reply?

Many Thanks

Jackie

Hey @jackiilou,

Have sent you a DM now!

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending