The Student Room Group

do i still have a chance of doing well?

hello, i’m in y13. i’ve recently missed a lot of school due to some mental health issues and i’m anxious that i’m stopping myself from being able to do well in mt final exams. I want three As and was on track to this, but I feel like now i’ve damaged my attendance too badly. I missed about three weeks now.
Original post by theweirdkid
hello, i’m in y13. i’ve recently missed a lot of school due to some mental health issues and i’m anxious that i’m stopping myself from being able to do well in mt final exams. I want three As and was on track to this, but I feel like now i’ve damaged my attendance too badly. I missed about three weeks now.

An A level course typically takes five 12-week terms (I'm ignoring the last term of upper sixth, as that's when the exams themselves are). So that's 60 weeks. You've lost 3 of those 60 weeks, so you're 5% "down". That's clearly not ideal (and I hope you're feeling better now) but it's by no means a disaster. You just need to work a little harder (and perhaps a little longer into the evening) to catch up. Good luck!

(And in answer to the title, "do i still have a chance of doing well?" - absolutely "Yes".)
yes, you can do infact better
Of course you can! Ask your teachers what you've missed and their advice for how to best catch-up in their subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending